DVLA = 0 Passport Office = 2. (1 Viewer)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
DVLA.

Sent my C1 licence renewal off on 10th May, approaching eleven weeks now.
No medical problems and eye test all OK.

As the rules regarding when a new photo is required and if a payment is needed are somewhat ambiguous I included both just in case. Belt and braces but didn’t want to give the DVLA any reason to send the application back.

Absolutely no acknowledgement although I know the cheque was cashed about seven weeks ago.

Just as well there is a fair time before the Covid extension to my license expires BUT we are booked to go through the tunnel on 1st September and I must have my new licence before driving abroad.

DVLA = Not fit for purpose so scored 0

Passport Office.

After reading on Fun that the EU only recognise a passport for 10 years from the date of issue and not the expiry date I checked our passports and realised that they both had been renewed three months early so ran for 10 yrs 3 months. In other words they both needed renewing sooner than I thought.

Off to the nearest branch of Simpsons who offer a photo service. It’s just so much easier to get them to do it as they have the kit to do it quickly and there’s no chance of having your photo rejected because it doesn’t fulfil all their strict criteria. The photos are uploaded to the Passport website where they are checked and a reference number issued. That number is used to connect your photo to your application- nothing more to upload. A set of four photos was printed for each of us as well as digital copies supplied on a USB stick. Excellent service!

Once home we applied online which was quick and easy, the ref no for our photos added when required and the only painful bit was giving card details for the £75.50 payment…….ouch!

We both got an immediate acknowledgment via both email and text followed by a request the following day to post our old passports.

Application was done on Wednesday, old passports posted back on Thursday and on the Monday we had acknowledgement that the old passports had been received.

Monday afternoon Kate had a text message to say her application was approved, followed by another to say the new passport was being dispatched by courier. It was delivered the following day. If you discount the weekend, Sat/ Sunday, her passport took 4 days from application to delivery.

Mine took a week longer for some reason (probably took one look at the photo and thought 'dodgy') but still first class service. Bravo Passport Office

Passport Office = Scored 2

Richard

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Sent my licence off to DVLA last Thursday 15th. Dropped my C but kept C1. Included photo but no payment. My new licence arrived this morning. All good, kept the groups I wanted and dropped the one I don’t want. Pretty good service I’d say.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
8 months mine took to get back.
Each time you harass them to get a grip they will send you another hoop to jump through.
Good luck hope it comes back soon for you

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I said in my OP that we had the photos done at Simpsons.
Of course that should have been Timpsons……Doh!

In my defence, I had just been reading about the journalist John Simpson.
Put it down to brain fade. :frowny:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
I'm in the same predicament , licence been away for renewal and update to my photograph since the 1st week in June and if its not back by the end of August were stuffed .
We were planning to go to France and transit through to Spain but with no licence I cannot go .
DVLA is a joke and not FFP

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back