Aug 6, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend 7057
Exp
Since 2017
Hi there

Has anyone had experience of the Camping and Caravanning Club site near Dunbar? I am thinking of booking it for next year but want to know it's a good spot to relax out of season.

Any recommendations?

Cheers
Chris

adt

Mar 28, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
Since 2016
Went once and parked up the top away from the children's play area which was a lot quieter but also meant we got the wind unabated, nice views and relatively quiet though.

Walked out from there, along the beach and did a large chunk of the Torness way with plenty of places to stop and have a picnic.
Also spent a couple of evenings just relaxing on the beach watching the tide come in.
Walk into town only took around 30 mins and the harbour was good to visit.
Only down side for us was we went and got a take-away from a little Indian take-away on our last night. We both had seriously bad stomachs the next day and wish I'd walked a bit further to use the main restaurant at the bottom of the town.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
The Indian restaurant in the town I believe is called the Shapla and they deliver to the C&CC site. The driver calls you when he is a couple of minutes away allowing you time to walk up to the entrance. The curries are excellent btw and when we go to Dunbar we have a curry on the first night along with a few sherbets to wash it down.;)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back