moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Persuaded finally to get a full size spare for the motorhome. Dethleffs Espirit 2016 3850KGS. Tyre 225*75 R16.

Code on the original wheels is 6J*16H2 MWFR D769 240X 1374082080. Is that a specific Motorhome wheel or a normal 16 inch Ducato wheel?

I would hate to carry one around for '000s of kms and when I need it find it doesn't fit.:cry::cry::cry:

Thanks again

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Wheels \ tyres frequently come up for sale on here so might be worthwhile looking out for one.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Be very careful of second hand ones, there was a spate of cracking in some Fiat steel wheels a few years back?.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 31, 2009
Near Long Stratton, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Carthago C line
Exp
25+ years
There are 2 16" wheels available, one for the standard "light" chassis with 118 PCD and the other for the "heavy" chassis with 130 PCD. The part number you quote is for the light chassis, which for 3850kg is the correct one.

Apr 9, 2019
East Riding Of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years Caravan 13 years Motorhome
I got a spare 16inch wheel from the main dealer Marquis and and it was a very reasonable price Approx £180. The problem I had was getting the right locking wheel nuts as Camoyboy said there are two diferrent types of wheel and the main Fiat dealer near Preston was not sure and I got the wrong set 1st time but returned them and they replaced with the right set straight away.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Just bought a new one of these from a dealer on eBay...

https://www.hymer-original-zubehör.com/en/detail/index/sArticle/1631/number/8501631/sCategory/63

My substandard attempts at schoolboy measuring suggests it could be the same as the wheels of same style already on van (no idea if Fiat do them in both light & heavy variants).

Now had a tyre put on at local tyre place. The moment of truth will be Wednesday next week when the tyre place will test fitting said wheel on our van (FOC) so we know before we need to use it...

It may even be the right one and fit if we’re lucky! ;)

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
Just bought a new one of these from a dealer on eBay...

https://www.hymer-original-zubehör.com/en/detail/index/sArticle/1631/number/8501631/sCategory/63

My substandard attempts at schoolboy measuring suggests it could be the same as the wheels of same style already on van (no idea if Fiat do them in both light & heavy variants).

Now had a tyre put on at local tyre place. The moment of truth will be Wednesday next week when the tyre place will test fitting said wheel on our van (FOC) so we know before we need to use it...

It may even be the right one and fit if we’re lucky! ;)

Why didn’t you try the wheel before purchasing the tyre ??

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Why didn’t you try the wheel before purchasing the tyre ??
That would have been far too sensible for the likes of us! My Domestic Manager took the wheel down in the car to get tyre fitted. :LOL:

I’m pretty confident it is the right wheel, but do want to confirm before we become reliant on it in a time of need.

Besides, the tyre could be reused if I do need to replace the wheel due to incorrect type (light vs heavy).

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
That would have been far too sensible for the likes of us! My Domestic Manager took the wheel down in the car to get tyre fitted. :LOL:

I’m pretty confident it is the right wheel, but do want to confirm before we become reliant on it in a time of need.

Besides, the tyre could be reused if I do need to replace the wheel due to incorrect type (light vs heavy).

??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back