Ducato / Peugeot Battery Isolator (Red Button on Ignition) (1 Viewer)

Bluemanc100

Free Member
Aug 13, 2019
Hawarden near Chester
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 155
Exp
MH Novice (but a seasoned veteran driver)
Please move if this is in the wrong thread

Decided to press the red button on the ignition switch some weeks ago to disconnect the Moho battery as she’s not getting used.

Tried to start her this week and she ran through a series of phases on the dash then the heating came on and finally the radio but she wouldn’t start.. just a rhythmic clicking noise heard (unlike a flat battery however as it was more rhythmical). I assumed the battery was low despite the solar panel.

Charged the battery and refitted it today and she went through the same process but then settled with a flashing odometer reading.. still won’t start.

I’ve read that the Odometer will flash when part of the startup sequence is not as expected but I have no clue what to do next apart from a “BSI reset” which I’ll try after Christmas..

Has anybody had a similar experience and if so what was the remedy.. I’ve read about a damaged ECU so I hope it’s not that.. it can’t be surely as the button is there to be used after all..

Last edited:

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
I have only used my isolator position once and as the central locking was effectively dead I had to use a key to open door but then the Alarm went ballistic so I had to turn on battery, close door then lock and unlock central locking to shut the alarm up so never used it since but once I did all that I must report she started fine with no issues so I hope yours is nothing serious.

OP
OP
Bluemanc100

Bluemanc100

Free Member
Aug 13, 2019
Hawarden near Chester
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 155
Exp
MH Novice (but a seasoned veteran driver)
Finally fixed it.. I was trying to do a convenience BSI ECU reset which involves a battery disconnect to reset the memory.. tried multiple times then realised it was getting voltage from my solar panel even with the battery disconnected.. took the charger cable wires off.. reset and bingo!!

That’s a relief 😅

Steve Swan

Free Member
Dec 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 665
I have just bought a MH with the red push button by the ignition, but I can't seem to make it work. I can't find any instructions in the manual which came with the vehicle.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back