Ducato , identifying which engine? (1 Viewer)

Jan 11, 2018
Malvern Link, Malvern, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 85
Exp
Since 2018
I'm about to order an oil filter for my Ducato and have come up against a small problem which I hope someone can advise..............

I have a 2008 130bhp 2.3 Ducato but there are 2 versions of that engine dating from 2006 onwards. Both listed as 130bhp.

93KW/126BHP
96KW/131BHP

As i write I don't have the engine number , it's not on the V5 either.
I do have the VIN number but haven't yet been able to use it to order any bits etc.

Spares websites list different filters for each engine although probably either filter will fit and do the job.

I'll get to the vehicle early next week and get the engine number which I hope will help.

The manual lists both engines and their 'SOFIM' codes but does not tell you how to identify them.

Am i missing something obvious ?
Is there an easy way to identify the engine?

Thank sin advance.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I’m not sure if there is an easy way to identify your engine without paperwork, but if you have the original service book it should be in there. Otherwise, look at the handbook, if it has one or look at Fiats online manuals, the engines and codes should be listed there.
On our van ( 2018 Ducato) the engine code is on the vin plate.
If you are just worried about getting the right filter for now, have a look at the one fitted, you should be able to see the part number on the casing. That’s how I figured out which filter to fit on our old Swift.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Can the supplier not choose the right one from the registration number - or does that only work for cars?

OP
OP
Jake Royd
Jan 11, 2018
Malvern Link, Malvern, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 85
Exp
Since 2018
I have tried the vin decoder which worryingly comes up with data for an earlier vehicle (x220 or x240?)

Yes, when I phone up it might not be a problem and yes I could order both and send one back.

Good ideas :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back