Ducato 10" uconnect navigation system (1 Viewer)

Jul 25, 2022
Newington, Sittingbourne, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
Hi, our motorhome is based on a 2022 Ducato chassis. The cab comes complete with a 10" screen media player and nav system. Can anyone else who might have similar advise if I can enter vehicle dimensions into the sat nav? I can't find anything under settings and of course there is no hard copy instruction booklet. Thanks

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Sorry this doesn't help but on a brand new vehicle I would be having "a polite word in the dealer's ear" about there being no instructions for something that belongs to the base vehicle?
The reason that I found Fun was that I was searching for instructions on my U connect satnav in my Ducato. It did come with a slim book but nothing about my problem.
We need more of the rubbish instruction manuals so that more people end up finding us. 🤣

Upvote 0
OP
OP
andyelbac
Jul 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
Just to say it is really worth the hassle of updating the Uconnect satnav. My 2023 vehicle came with 2020 mapping installed. The most recent available update from Stellantis is Sep.'23. It is much improved in my case because it now displays height and width restrictions.
Thanks for rhe update. I've just ordered myself a 64bit memory stick. Will look to update mine over the weekend. I appreciate your perseverance with this.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
andyelbac
Jul 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
For anyone who might be interested, I have literally just updated the maps on the Uconnect 10. (Sorry it's taken this long to post this info. but our four-month old Adria broke down in Belgium, in August, and it has been off the road for another four months! New 9 speed gearbox)
If you've got a Fiat Uconnect unit (running TomTom software) these map updates are free from the Stellantis website. Please note that if you have a Uconnect 10, you download the maps for the Uconnect 5! (only option).
1. Format a USB stick with FAT32 file system (32GB will probably suffice/64GB to be safe)
2. Open this webpage:
3. Use the 'dropdowns' to select Fiat/Ducato/Uconnect 5 and 'search for updates'.
4. Download the maps you want (.ZIP file)
5. Extract files from ZIP file - files end up in an ordinary folder
6. DO NOT copy the extracted files folder over to the USB stick - go into the folder and just copy all the files over
7. In the moho, turn on your engine and Uconnect unit, and select the satnav screen
8. Insert your USB stick into the system and a message will appear asking if you want to update the maps. Follow the instructions.

I have to say that it seems stupid to have to run your engine whilst updating the maps - it might take nearly an hour! The reason is to prevent your unit from shutting down before the update has completed (causes big problems, apparently). So I set my update going before leaving to go on a journey, and it had completed properly by the time I arrived at my destination (y)
Before I try this, how long did your update take? Want to make my next trip is of a suitable length of time.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2021
Halesowen, UK
Funster No
MH
Bürstner Lyseo Time
Exp
2022!
Hi. My update took almost a full hour. Glancing at the progress bar on the screen was like watching paint dry!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2011
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Consort Reef 2
Exp
since 1990
For anyone who might be interested, I have literally just updated the maps on the Uconnect 10. (Sorry it's taken this long to post this info. but our four-month old Adria broke down in Belgium, in August, and it has been off the road for another four months! New 9 speed gearbox)
If you've got a Fiat Uconnect unit (running TomTom software) these map updates are free from the Stellantis website. Please note that if you have a Uconnect 10, you download the maps for the Uconnect 5! (only option).
1. Format a USB stick with FAT32 file system (32GB will probably suffice/64GB to be safe)
2. Open this webpage:
3. Use the 'dropdowns' to select Fiat/Ducato/Uconnect 5 and 'search for updates'.
6. DO NOT copy the extracted files folder over to the USB stick - go into the folder and just copy all the files over
7. In the moho, turn on your engine and Uconnect unit, and select the satnav screen
8. Insert your USB stick into the system and a message will appear asking if you want to update the maps. Follow the instructions.

I have to say that it seems stupid to have to run your engine whilst updating the maps - it might take nearly an hour! The reason is to prevent your unit from shutting down before the update has completed (causes big problems, apparently). So I set my update going before leaving to go on a journey, and it had completed properly by the time I arrived at my destination (y)
MoHoSam, Thank you for your very precise step by step instructions how to update the sat nav, I had almost given up trying to find a way to do this and successfully managed it today many thanks
Alan.

Upvote 0

Kon-Tiki John

Free Member
Mar 20, 2024
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Kon-Tiki
2. Open this webpage:

I've tried twice now and the Uconnect unit comes up with "Device read error" on the USB Media slot, am I doing something wrong or not sent down a file??

John

Upvote 0

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I've tried twice now and the Uconnect unit comes up with "Device read error" on the USB Media slot, am I doing something wrong or not sent down a file??

John
I found these steps to follow if it does not recognise your device.

Upvote 0

Kon-Tiki John

Free Member
Mar 20, 2024
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Kon-Tiki
I found these steps to follow if it does not recognise your device.
I have a Fiat Ducato Motorhome with a Uconnect 10" unit

Upvote 0

Kon-Tiki John

Free Member
Mar 20, 2024
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Kon-Tiki
2. Open this webpage:

Hi Mate
This does not work

Upvote 0
OP
OP
andyelbac
Jul 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
Hi. My update took almost a full hour. Glancing at the progress bar on the screen was like watching paint dry!
Hi,

When you inserted the memory stick, was it via the usb port in the centre just above the cup holders or the one to the right of the dash next to the 12v socket? Can't seem to get mine to read the files whichever usb port I plug into.

Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Hi,

When you inserted the memory stick, was it via the usb port in the centre just above the cup holders or the one to the right of the dash next to the 12v socket? Can't seem to get mine to read the files whichever usb port I plug into.
Are there requirements on the usb stick? For my Sony head unit, the memory stick needs to be less than 32GB and formatted as Fat32. I tried a more modern stick and it refused to do the upgrade.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
andyelbac
Jul 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
Just looked online and it states that the maximum possible file size pn a FAT32 formatted memory stick is 4GB. The fkippin' download is nearly 29GB, yet MoHoSam seemed to get it to work ( also, the Stellantis website says to convert to FAT32). So confused......

Upvote 0
OP
OP
andyelbac
Jul 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
Are there requirements on the usb stick? For my Sony head unit, the memory stick needs to be less than 32GB and formatted as Fat32. I tried a more modern stick and it refused to do the upgrade.
I've dug out a 32gb stick. Deleted all the files in it, formatted in FAT32. PC shows available over 29gb but it is refusing to transfer the download over to the stick because it says not enough memory available!

Upvote 0
Dec 31, 2017
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Just had a chance to try this. Unfortunately mine does not show Vehicle Measurements. All it shows, after selecting Routing is 'Preferred Route Type', 'Avoid' and 'Reroute to faster route when available'. Going into all of them also does not provide the measurement facility??? I've checked for updatesbut there are none suggesting perhaps you have an upgraded version? My current version is TTNAV.R17.0.4? Very frustrating.
Yes think it needs an upgrade to a later version to allow dimensions to be entered, that’s what happened with my 2022 model

Upvote 0

Kon-Tiki John

Free Member
Mar 20, 2024
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Kon-Tiki
2. Open this webpage:

Please contact me MoHoSam regarding this post

Upvote 0
Nov 2, 2022
Gloucestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Eliseo C602
Exp
Since 2016
I've dug out a 32gb stick. Deleted all the files in it, formatted in FAT32. PC shows available over 29gb but it is refusing to transfer the download over to the stick because it says not enough memory available!
Some memory sticks are not quite as quoted due to the memory chip configuration.

I had a cheap 32GB USB stick that had the same issue as yours. Another Kingston 32GB device was fine.

I have not tried the update yet because of the impractical 1 hour engine running requirement. Crazy in this day and age that the software does not know it's doing an update and prevent the auto sleep function on the head unit.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
andyelbac
Jul 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
Looking at this further I think it may be possible I didn't follow MoHoSams instructions close enough. My original download wasn't compressed into a zip file as MoHoSams was. Consequently I thought it had come through as one file. Having downloaded again I can see now that it is in fact made up of multiple smaller files. I've also noticed that my recent download kept stopping so it's possible I hadn't downloaded the entire 28.9gb file (deleted the original download so impossible to check now). I've copied it to both a 32gb and 64gb file but can't be bothered to try it again until our next outing beginning May. One thing I have noticed on the Uconnect 10 is that on starting it asks me if I want to check for any updates and when I select 'Yes' nothing happens. No 'no updates available', nothing (wifi was on and good signal). Very odd.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2021
Halesowen, UK
Funster No
MH
Bürstner Lyseo Time
Exp
2022!
Please contact me MoHoSam regarding this post
Hi Kon-Tiki John. I've not logged into the forum for a while and just discovered people are having problems. I had lots of headaches before I had success, but the procedure I described worked for me in the end. Here is some information that might help. I bought a new SanDisk 256GB memory stick (a metal one, model SDC Z74 - about £20 from Amazon) to keep for doing Satnav updates only. I then followed the procedure exactly as described in my original post and it worked for me. The UConnect 10 unit recognised there was an update as soon as I inserted the memory stick. Make sure that the memory stick is completely 'clean' (re-format it if necessary) and formatted to FAT32. I have just read that some people have more than one USB port in the dashboard. In my case I inserted the memory stick into the port situated dead centre above the lower cup holders but below the heating controls. I hope you eventually have success :)

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2021
Halesowen, UK
Funster No
MH
Bürstner Lyseo Time
Exp
2022!
Looking at this further I think it may be possible I didn't follow MoHoSams instructions close enough. My original download wasn't compressed into a zip file as MoHoSams was. Consequently I thought it had come through as one file. Having downloaded again I can see now that it is in fact made up of multiple smaller files. I've also noticed that my recent download kept stopping so it's possible I hadn't downloaded the entire 28.9gb file (deleted the original download so impossible to check now). I've copied it to both a 32gb and 64gb file but can't be bothered to try it again until our next outing beginning May. One thing I have noticed on the Uconnect 10 is that on starting it asks me if I want to check for any updates and when I select 'Yes' nothing happens. No 'no updates available', nothing (wifi was on and good signal). Very odd.
Totally agree with your final comment. My unit is connected to the moho WiFi unit, and I seem to remember that I've checked an 'automatic updates' box at some point in the past. I assumed that this would include map updates, but (and I might very well be wrong about this) I think it might only include firmware. I couldn't get my unit to do anything with map updates via the WiFi. So it was back to the laptop and my original instructions!

Upvote 0
Dec 31, 2017
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
2. Open this webpage:

Thanks for the great instructions MoHo Sam
I didn’t do so well unfortunately
I downloaded the files and they went to my downloads folder (Windows 11) so I downloaded the free version of Winzip which appeared to put loads of unwanted stuff on my laptop 😀 anyway when I tried to unzip it kept telling me that there was a corrupted file - anyway I deleted Winzip - is there a free version of unzipping software that you could recommend for Windows please?
I have have a 32GB stick and ordered a 64GB for delivery tomorrow

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2021
Halesowen, UK
Funster No
MH
Bürstner Lyseo Time
Exp
2022!
Just looked online and it states that the maximum possible file size pn a FAT32 formatted memory stick is 4GB. The fkippin' download is nearly 29GB, yet MoHoSam seemed to get it to work ( also, the Stellantis website says to convert to FAT32). So confused......
In theory, FAT32 individual files shouldn't be more than 4GB in size, but some of them are just over the limit on the download, but it all worked ok in my case. I think you can actually download up to 2TB (total size) using FAT32, but I might be wrong about that figure.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2021
Halesowen, UK
Funster No
MH
Bürstner Lyseo Time
Exp
2022!
Thanks for the great instructions MoHo Sam
I didn’t do so well unfortunately
I downloaded the files and they went to my downloads folder (Windows 11) so I downloaded the free version of Winzip which appeared to put loads of unwanted stuff on my laptop 😀 anyway when I tried to unzip it kept telling me that there was a corrupted file - anyway I deleted Winzip - is there a free version of unzipping software that you could recommend for Windows please?
I have have a 32GB stick and ordered a 64GB for delivery tomorrow
Hi Sideshow Bob. I'm running Windows 10 Pro on my laptop and I think I just used the Windows Zip program. However, I usually use a program called 7-Zip which has never failed me for years - a great alternative! And it's free.

Upvote 0
Dec 31, 2017
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Hi Sideshow Bob. I'm running Windows 10 Pro on my laptop and I think I just used the Windows Zip program. However, I usually use a program called 7-Zip which has never failed me for years - a great alternative! And it's free.
Thanks MoHo Sam, will take a look at that, thanks very much 👍

Upvote 0
OP
OP
andyelbac
Jul 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
In theory, FAT32 individual files shouldn't be more than 4GB in size, but some of them are just over the limit on the download, but it all worked ok in my case. I think you can actually download up to 2TB (total size) using FAT32, but I might be wrong about that figure.
You're right on both points. Further reading has confirmed up to 2 tb total but no more than 4gb for each file. As you say, the actual download contained a few files a little over 4gb. Hopefully this will work now when I get a chance to try it.

Upvote 0
Dec 31, 2017
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Some success, managed to download and unzip, appears to take longer than I expected so watch out for that anybody else doing this
Saved the files to my 128GB stick but when I tried to upload the files to the Sat Nav it didn’t see the files, I think that this is because the 128GB stick isn’t FAT32 and it wasn’t giving me an option to format as FAT32
My 64GB arrives tomorrow from Amazon so will try again tomorrow afternoon and will update here
Thanks again MoHoSam

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back