Dual fridge or not ? (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
cheshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2001
Having just changed my motorhome just recently , basically on a whim , I wanted something smaller , newer , just for me and the dog , my 10th van just bought for the first , time with only me in mind , so I should know better , a Compass C V 60 Kensington , drives well with the latest Fiat engine set up , simple to use , down on storage a bit , that's not a bad thing , always take to much anyway , but I'm not sure whether I've shot myself in the foot , it hasn't got a dual fridge , which I've always been used to , it's all fitted out with a solar panel , so it's all "eco"friendly
but I'm not sure , whether the set up is going to be a pain or not , ie flat leisure battery on dark days when not traveling or EHU , and no handy charging for the vehicle battery , can anybody put my mind at rest . Cheers Ronboyracer

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Thousands of vans out there with compressor fridges but you will be pushing it for more than one night without solar and a decent battery bank.

The van is new so get Mr. Wallet out and give him a good beating. :xlaugh:
Much more difficult to spend money on a van once you have had it a while.

Lithium are now much more affordable than a couple of years ago so 200ah of Lithium would be a good start but you need the means to charge them.

Solar is also a lot cheaper now so as much as you can fit on the roof with a decent MPPT regulator.

As it will have a Smart alternator hopefully it will have a B2B (not all converters fit them) if it has it will probably only be 25 or 30 amp so with Lithium it would be worth upgrading.

With a few mods like that you should have no worries and be able to enjoy your new van.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back