drivers and passenger seat belts (1 Viewer)

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
I have looked at the thread about uk seat belts.
I couldnt see anything specific about 3 point seat belts.
We have a 1993 fleetwood bounder seat belts are lap belts.
I have only driven it once back from bristol and it did feel strange only having a lap belt.
It did feel safe as only driving at 55mph

Does any one know the law.

I might add i hope to find a way to fit 3 point belts.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
As far as I can tell it’s down to the law at date of manufacture. I have owned cars that didn’t have them at all and years later that was fine and I have owned cars that had lap belts and that was also fine years later when three point belts were the norm.

OP
OP
PeterCarole29

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
this might help Broken Link Removed
Thankyou I am very good at misreading things .Looking through it several times i conclude front lap belts are cat. D
and in section 7. my motorhome is 7500kg so over 2750kg and before 2001 and it states none are required.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
But of course, as lap belts are fitted they must meet MOT standards and be used.

I would take a copy of the regs with you when it's MOT time..... Not all testers know the rules.

My 1999 RV had factory fit 3 point retractable belts and the tester took great delight in making sure it went on the ticket every year as an advisory even though there was absolutely no need.

DESHILLS

Free Member
Mar 27, 2019
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
G boy.
Exp
20 years plus
hi...new to the site and thought I would mention that UK and EU law state all children must be in forward or rearward facing 3 point harnesses.
the law is one thing and mot testing is another. I have converted mine as I don't want thepossibility of that argument with a French police officer.. hope you found the answers you needed..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
Weirdly enough the above is not true in a motorhome fitted with not enough seatbelts. Last year we followed an old small motorhome bombing it down the outside lane of the motorway with two small children running up and down. OH rang the police to be told it wasn't an offence.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
hi...new to the site and thought I would mention that UK and EU law state all children must be in forward or rearward facing 3 point harnesses.
the law is one thing and mot testing is another. I have converted mine as I don't want thepossibility of that argument with a French police officer.. hope you found the answers you needed..

You've overlooked the part where it states " where fitted".

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back