driveaway awning

Discussion in 'Motorhome Help for the Beginner' started by alee81, Jul 15, 2008.

1. alee81

alee81 Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    hi i have a swift sundance and i need a drive away awning. i'm going away with my son and his family (he will have a tent) and i will need some extra space, but not a porch awning as that is too small. usually its just me and my husband and don't usually need extra space. we are willing to buy a 2nd hand one and don't want to pay lots of money.
    thank you for your help ::bigsmile:

2. keith

keith Funster

Ratings:
    +1,889
  3. andyman

andyman Funster

Ratings:
    +834
    My Autotrail Apache came with a drive away awning. It is similar to a frame tent and arround 3 mtrs x 3 mtrs. I used it for the first and last time at the weekend. They are very heavy and not to quick to errect. I would go for either somthing like a suncamp with a nylon canvas and fibreglass poles, or better still a kyham motordome.

4. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +38,963
    We have a Khyam Motordome Excelsior and have no hesitation in recommending it.

Graham

5. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +17,009
    oddly enough we have just brought the movelite xll. we paid £120 from my local dealer (x display) looks good, plenty of space and it goes up as in a jiffy once you get used to it.