LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Current van has a pioneer, ancient, complex and basically crao, plus a small rear camera.

Being poor pensioner, can really justify £1100 fir a Dometuc system.

Now is it possible to replace the single Din, with something better, to include, android, plus the ususl radio functions, plus connectivity to a reversing camera, possibly split screen so we can have the reversing camera as a rear view mirror, plus sat navigation at the same time ..

Asking too much?

Mar 8, 2021
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr E599
Exp
There are a vast array of Chinese devices on Ebay. I bought one and it fitted very easily into the Crafter after removal of a small storage slot below the existing radio/CD player. It has a 9" screen, bluetooth connectivity, connects to the internet either through your phone, or MiFi if you have it. All the connectors were there which made it a relatively simple swap over. The instructions were crap though, but it was straight forward. I think I paid £279 for it.

I also purchased the wireless reversing camera from them and that too was pretty straight forward to fit.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I'm expecting the next generation Ducato cab with the new digital dashboard to come with a 10" infotainment screen.

Affording one is going to be a challenge, with inflation taking off.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back