Don't all rush at once (Ireland) (1 Viewer)

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
I believe this to be correct and don't think it's already been posted.

From 19th July, no travel-related testing or quarantine will be required for travellers to Ireland from GB with valid proof of full vaccination.

This is a biggie and of course can change at any time. We won't be taking the motorhome over but I've booked a flight to see my son and family who I haven't seen since they emigrated nearly a year ago. I'm a bit anxious about being on a plane if I'm honest but it's a short flight.

Karen

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie

From 19th July, no travel-related testing or quarantine will be required for travellers to Ireland from GB with valid proof of full vaccination.

This is a biggie and of course can change at any time. We won't be taking the motorhome over but I've booked a flight to see my son and family who I haven't seen since they emigrated nearly a year ago. I'm a bit anxious about being on a plane if I'm honest but it's a short flight.

Karen

Are we talking Eire or N I

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
From what my vet said this morning you still need the AHC for North Ireland

Post #47 applies still :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp

Karen
Drive

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
We'd be off to N.I. for a month or so as had it planned to see friends over there.

That was before the new rules regarding taking dogs were announced.

Dec 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp

Karen
Do you have a reference / link to this information ?

Dec 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
<Broken link removed>
This link was updated yesterday and still shows restrictions on travel from GB.

Post-arrival quarantine requirements and testing for all passengers arriving in Ireland (including Great Britain)​

Mandatory quarantine requirements apply to all persons who have been overseas in the 14-days prior to entering Ireland. Arrivals from designated high-risk countries are subject to mandatory hotel quarantine. Persons exempt from mandatory hotel quarantine may still be required to quarantine at home. For all others arriving in Ireland from non-designated countries:
  • a 14-day quarantine period must be undertaken at the address specified on the Passenger Locator Form
  • passengers who travel from another country to Ireland, and arrive via Northern Ireland, must also observe the mandatory quarantine regime
  • you may only leave your place of residence during the quarantine period to take a COVID-19 test, or for unavoidable reasons of an emergency nature to protect a person’s health or welfare, or to leave the State
  • passengers are requested to arrange a COVID-19 Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) test to be taken at least 5 days after arrival in Ireland
  • this test is free of charge
  • the test should be booked in advance of arrival in Ireland and must be booked for a date at least 5 days after arrival

OP
OP
reckless
Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
HarryML7

I know it conflicts. Family in Ireland heard it announced but gov.i.e. website doesn't reflect it.

I'll be checking before I fly.

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
ive just read the link HarryML7 posted from the Irish Government site and it does say that, BUT, only up to 18/7. After 19/7, as stated by reckless, it does say as they stated. No requirement for those fully vaccinated. Unless I am completely reading it wrongly. You have to read the ‘Learn More’ & click through the links.

Dec 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
ive just read the link HarryML7 posted from the Irish Government site and it does say that, BUT, only up to 18/7. After 19/7, as stated by reckless, it does say as they stated. No requirement for those fully vaccinated. Unless I am completely reading it wrongly. You have to read the ‘Learn More’ & click through the links.
Thanks for that, so need to watch out for emergency brakes.

tkk

Jun 9, 2014
notts
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640
Exp
newbie but learning fast
Hi,
what are the UK requirements for those returning from ROI, eg testing, isolation etc at the moment. Is it considered Amber or Green?
tk

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back