Dometic rapid clicking? (1 Viewer)

May 1, 2009
SOUTH WOODHAM FERRERS
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Using the Dometic fridge 24/7 on mains. Sometimes we hear a rapid clicking noise. After a short while it stops then a little later begins again. After a number of times it stops for good untill a few days pass. So far everything working ok but thinking I might need to get a engineer out. Anyone experienced this before?

Aerialmark

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 13, 2018
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Knaus/Weinsburgh
Exp
I'm new to it
It does sound like its ignition for the gas clicking but i may be wrong, put it on gas and see if its the same sound.

Jul 1, 2016
shropshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner T620g
Exp
since 1969
I experienced similar symptoms whilst on mains with the gas bottle turned off. It transpired that when the site voltage dropped, or cut out, the fridge tried to change to the gas supply. The rapid clicking was the gas igniter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
I experienced similar symptoms whilst on mains with the gas bottle turned off. It transpired that when the site voltage dropped, or cut out, the fridge tried to change to the gas supply. The rapid clicking was the gas igniter.

i had similar , I was running the fridge on Auto , the voltage must have dropped when I put the alde heating on 3kw , my gas bottles were open so the fridge went to gas BUT I still had the vent covers on , they got really hot before I realised what had happened 🤕

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Sounds very much like low voltage on auto setting? or electric
We have had it a couple of times on various sites -
Even told categorically by Caravan Club that their electric points at Rowntree were functioning OK - Yet it was thier site - as everyone was putting demand on - then it would start -
Hope this helps?

Feb 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat PVC
Exp
Since 1995
Could be as demand increases the voltage will drop.
You could puta voltmeter on the supply to check.
Also look at the length of the cable you have to supply the van and the size of the conductor,ie 1mm or more.
All these have an effect on voltdrop, shorter leads with thicker conductors are better.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
mojo
May 1, 2009
SOUTH WOODHAM FERRERS
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Thanks to all. I have learned something. We are on Alde 3kw and auto selected on fridge. Seems likely voltage drop sets the gas igniter running. Have put fridge to manual setting 240v.
The Alde has a device that senses any draw such as kettle and automatically lowers to 2 or 1kw untill things switch off. Might be the fridge draw is too small to register with the Alde device. Just fitted winter vents tonight for the cold temperatures arriving.

Aug 31, 2009
Near Long Stratton, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Carthago C line
Exp
25+ years
We have experienced this a couple of times. It appears that the fridge needs 215volts minimum to run on Mains. If it is lower the AES relay will try to change over to gas but gets confused, and keeps clicking. Sometimes manually selecting mains will fix it but not always. We have seen the voltage down to 209 on some sites, not acceptable, especially if you have paid for it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back