Dometic Fridge galvanometer not moving to Green zone (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
We had some extensive work carried out on our Dometic RM8 series fridge fitted in our 2012 Bailey. The problem was food freezing in the fridge even when thermostat turned down. The engineer said the problem was sorted after testing and leaving fridge on gas for 4 hours.
That was 4 months ago and we haven't used the van since due to lock-down. So, last week we thought we'd make sure we could use the fridge on gas after the long lay off. Fridge igniter worked after a few clicks but we noticed that, whilst the galvanometer moved toward the green area, it never entered the green area. The fridge stayed lit and we froze some ice in the freezer in some two hours. But previously, the needle in the galvanometer always moved into the green area when lit. I tried lighting it a second time and, again, it lit but the needle moved only a short distance towards the green area.
Is there any significance to this change in the galvonometer?

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Had a similar problem on mine. It was the clear plastic cover on the meter fouling the needle. The cover had become detached and had moved, had to remove the cover with the control knobs in across the top to fix it.

OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
In case anyone has the same problem I had, I’ve posted what the service engineer told me on Monday when he replaced a faulty ignitor. I told him that when connected, the needle only just moves into the green area. He replaced the ignitor and then showed me that, when lit, if you move the selector switch very slightly, left or right, the needle will move further to the green or the other way. The issue, apparently, is an earthing issue that is improved by moving the selector switch very gently.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back