LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Murphy (Irish Terrier) and Monty (Cocker Spaniel) enjoy their rides out, usually the anticipation of the impending walk that's coming:p

Here's a video of them enjoying the ride down the hill to get to the forest route, Monty gets pretty excited on route and both seem to enjoy the "wind in their ears" will have to get them some goggles and a flying cap:giggle:

The trailer and bike have done about 3,500km now although most of that is with the dogs on foot, they only go in it for the bit to and from the walk location but they are pretty accustomed to it now. Murphy even sleeps in the trailer when we're camping if we leave it out and his lead stretches far enough.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I love they way they both looked for traffic as you exited the driveway. Beautiful dogs. As they both jumped out when you stopped, how do you know they can’t fall out? ( Probably a stupid question, I can’t ride a bike and have never used a trailer!)

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I wish my boy would stay in a trailer. He wants to be ahead, and if not he’s not happy.

May have to get another trailer and give it a go.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
I wish my boy would stay in a trailer. He wants to be ahead, and if not he’s not happy.

May have to get another trailer and give it a go.

Must admit at first we used to really zip ours up tight in fear one of them would jump out. Took a few months for them to get used to it and then they seemed very happy in there, even if it's a tad small for 2 medium sized dogs.....

They're out in it at least 5 days a week so they've had plenty of time to adjust to accept it.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
When I tried last time my boy made such a noise you would think he was being killed, undid the zips and he was much happier. Then the cheeky sod managed to get out and overtake me.

That was the only time, so maybe more practice is required.

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
We've got the Welsh version, loves the trailer and posing. At 8 weeks old I pushed him around our estate in the cycle buggy he soon got used to it.
trailer trash.jpg

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
We've got the Welsh version, loves the trailer and posing. At 8 weeks old I pushed him around our estate in the cycle buggy he soon got used to it.View attachment 391009

Super cute, more teddy bear dogs in trailers(y)

I think we should have got a Welsh, better sized for camping with small spaces. Our Irish was supposed to be what we called a bigger digger (Digger was our previous Border Terrier) but he grew quite a bit bigger:LOL: although he does fold up quite nicely.

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
When I tried last time my boy made such a noise you would think he was being killed, undid the zips and he was much happier. Then the cheeky sod managed to get out and overtake me.

That was the only time, so maybe more practice is required.

The Cocker was easily convinced with food and once he was happy with it then the Terrier was happier to give it a go seeing as his mate was in there. Now if we even move the bike around on the patio and they see the trailer being manoeuvred then they jump in it fully expecting a run out.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I thought I’d buy one for my dog as he got old so that I could cycle to the park, get out and walk him around but although I could get him to go in it he really didn’t take to it at all so I ended up selling it.

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Super cute, more teddy bear dogs in trailers(y)

I think we should have got a Welsh, better sized for camping with small spaces. Our Irish was supposed to be what we called a bigger digger (Digger was our previous Border Terrier) but he grew quite a bit bigger:LOL: although he does fold up quite nicely.
Yes they are beautiful but i never recommend Welsh Terriers to others. I knew what i was getting, read up on them and visited people who owned them. Not the easiest of dogs but now he's 4 he's getting a lot better.

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Yes they are beautiful but i never recommend Welsh Terriers to others. I knew what i was getting, read up on them and visited people who owned them. Not the easiest of dogs but now he's 4 he's getting a lot better.

I think that whole group (Welsh, Airedale, Irish, Fox and Lakeland) are all needing an experienced hand. Ours was our 5th dog and our parents were all dog breeders and yet the red devil still pushed us to our limits (and still does) yet the Cocker is super easy by comparison (except for his tick magnet habits and attraction to grass seeds...)

A Welsh is certainly on our list one day:unsure:

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Your dogs are lovely, they look like they are having fun.
I don't have a trailer on my scooter, but Gabby has always been happy in the footwell, she does ask for a rest by dropping back alongside and giving me 'that look' and now she is approaching double figures that is handy because we go out on some really long runs.
If the scooter is out when she's in the garden she will go and lay there, perfectly happy.

petrocspals

Free Member
May 23, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
4 years
More like this. Please ....a cheerful boost to a dog lover

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Hello, this looks brilliant. My wife is keen to get a trailer so our dog can join her when she is out on her electric hybrid bicycle. He is a big boy, 40kg German Shephard. Which brand of trailer are you using. There see to be plenty about but I'm concerned about quality and safety. Also how are these attaching to your bicycle, is the coupling strong?

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Yes my wife uses ours daily with her e-bike, it’s a good combo to help manage the weight. Our trailer is from the German brand Croozer although the version we have has been replaced by some newer models, there’s even now an XXL version for really big dogs, I think there’s actually 3 sizes in the new range. The weight does add some strain in the bike on expect to replace brake pads more frequently, disc rotors also. So far ours has lasted well even after much use and abuse, I like that it’s made of aluminium and plastic so it’s easy to clean as it does pick up a lot of mud through the winter.

Both our dogs really enjoy their trailer and it’s become an integral part of their daily life.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
My Dog Rides the bike i use the trailer
It's a Border Collie thing :cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.