Does Dometic fridge thermostat work on both gas and electric? (1 Viewer)

Sep 25, 2012
West Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
13 Years, 20 years with a caravan
On EHU and Gas yes. Im sure on 12v it will only maintain the current temperature. Hope this helps.
As Lenny said depending on how old the fridge is as the heating element is smaller.
Phil.

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Yes thermostat works on Gas, 240v & 12v. Fridge runs most efficiently on Gas, 240v & 12v in that order. The 12v element is smaller than the 240v one.
Very old fridges didn't have a thermostat on 12v

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks for posting. We have a problem wit the fridge getting too cold and the veg freezing. Tried raising the temp with the thermostat but not effective. Then someone said maybe thermostat only works on gas.
There are no sliding thingies on the fridge’s vein.
Anyway, thanks.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
We have a problem wit the fridge getting too cold and the veg freezing. Tried raising the temp with the thermostat but not effective. Then someone said maybe thermostat only works on gas.
I had a similar problem when I first got the present MH. The control knob turns a plastic shaft, and this had sheared through, so the control knob wasn't doing anything, even though it felt like it was. I can't remember exactly how I fixed it, but it involved dismantling the control panel to get at the shaft. I got a new part from Leisure Shop Direct, I think.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back