Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I get quite a few emails most days with people asking questions, not about motorhomes but about how the site works, and how they can do something. Simple things like add an avatar, make a first post etc This week I've been working on a knowledge base and FAQ section. If you have any questions or would like an explanation about any aspect of using the site, shout up here and I'll do my best to sort out a detailed tutorial. Here is the new Help Section with what I've done so far. Cheers

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Now that you mention it , since we have had the software upgrade and I only use an iPad when I try and enter a comment the keyboard pops up and covers where I need to enter text, so I then have to scroll the page up. Phew that was a long sentence. Is there a fix for this? Thanks.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Now that you mention it , since we have had the software upgrade and I only use an iPad when I try and enter a comment the keyboard pops up and covers where I need to enter text, so I then have to scroll the page up. Phew that was a long sentence. Is there a fix for this? Thanks.

This is an annoying keyboard focus issue developers are trying to sort. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
I have to use google chrome instead of Safari or I don’t get any icons. It’s ok now that i’ve worked out what I need to do but for newcomers it wouldn’t be obvious.

Also, if I type a word containing an apostrophe the following word, or the letter after the apostrophe, often gets an unwanted capital letter. For example...

It needn’T

The above happened as I typed it. It may not be to do with the upgrade but neither issue happened before it. Both issues only happen when using my iPad.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If you clear your cookies and cache in safari, that should sort the icons out. Settings >> Safari>>Clear History and Website data.

The upper case issue is local too, I can't reproduce that. Typing this on an iPad. Needn't

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
If you clear your cookies and cache in safari, that should sort the icons out. Settings >> Safari>>Clear History and Website data.

The upper case issue is local too, I can't reproduce that. Typing this on an iPad. Needn't

You suggested that when I flagged it up as an issue after the upgrade - I did as you instructed and cleared the cache and cookies... it didn’t resolve the issue.

I had been using Safari so I tried google chrome as my browser and it now works fine. I thought it may be something to add to your help list as someone new to the forum wouldn’t necessarily know how things should look and it’s virtually impossible to navigate without being able to see the icons.

My iPad is fairly new iPad Pro so it won’t be down to an ageing system.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It is a strange one, IOS is the most used software on this site by some margin, but only a tiny fraction have issues with those icons. The editor we use is the most common in the world. hopefully, an Apple update will sort it out soon.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Yes, let's hope so Jim. The strange thing was that the same iPad worked fine with respect to the icons until the upgrade.

I wonder how many folk on the forum have an iPad Pro and, if so, whether they're using Safari or Chrome?

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Yes, let's hope so Jim. The strange thing was that the same iPad worked fine with respect to the icons until the upgrade.

I wonder how many folk on the forum have an iPad Pro and, if so, whether they're using Safari or Chrome?

I am on an iPad pro now.

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08

Ive found a reboot of my ipad
Sorts a few problems out
Not that you haven’t already tried it

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
(How) Can you stop the "recent" display being filled up with crap from the "U shaped cesspit" like what the old software did?
I've reduced my viewing of Fun from three or four times a day to about once aweek, twice if you are lucky. Fun isn't Fun anymore.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
(How) Can you stop the "recent" display being filled up with crap from the "U shaped cesspit" like what the old software did?
I've reduced my viewing of Fun from three or four times a day to about once aweek, twice if you are lucky. Fun isn't Fun anymore.

We make it really easy to ignore stuff you don't like.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
More than likely to be an app or combination of apps causing the issue.

Yes, it’s a strange one. Anyway, it’s ok for me now i’ve Switched (still getting unwanted capitals after apostrophe and no capital where I wanted one!) to Google Chrome.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
From what I've just researched on the web it might be an encoding problem:

I wonder if the coding sees ' as a full stop hence the capital letter after it?

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
It could be Minxy...

It's a PITA as I have to go back and correct the unwanted changes. When I typed 'I've switched' (in my message above) I got a lower case i and an upper case S - it happens most of the time when I use an apostrophe. I don't know what I can do about it though. It doesn't happen on my laptop or desktop (both Apple), only on my iPad.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It could be Minxy...

It's a PITA as I have to go back and correct the unwanted changes. When I typed 'I've switched' (in my message above) I got a lower case i and an upper case S - it happens most of the time when I use an apostrophe. I don't know what I can do about it though. It doesn't happen on my laptop or desktop (both Apple), only on my iPad.
Check your settings especially quotes/quotation marks as some seem to have problems with those, I don't have any Apple products so can't check anything for you I'm afraid.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back