Do I need under trays for my Peugeot Boxer Motorhome? (1 Viewer)

May 29, 2020
Ferndown, BH22 9sg, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Pepper
Exp
Since 2019
Hi all whilst fitting fog lamps to my Weinsberg Edition Pepper Peugeot Boxer 2.0 Blue 130HP Motorhome I noticed that the LH and Engine Trays were not fitted. The MH is second user so I have not removed. Do I need them? and if we do, where can I get new ones + fittings.
D&D Dorset
Under Photo.jpg

Nov 13, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30 years
I think they are mainly fitted to enable the vehicle to pass the 'Drive-by' noise standards, set out in the relevant statutes.

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Mine was the same as yours, but purchased full set on eBay. Very good quality and feel happier having the pipes and wires protected.

Upvote 0

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Probably removed by the converter or service agent and never replaced. They are agood idea as they protect vulnerable parts from being damaged by debris being thrown up off the road and help keep the engine bay much cleaner,

Just a safety point as I notice in the photo you are using light wheel ramps ... I only now use solid ramps if I'm working under the van. Some years ago I was under my moho up on ramps like yours when I realised that the ramp was slowly collapsing and gave me seconds to get out.

If I need ramps I now use these made from scaffold boards ....
1615043317065.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
They are only fitted if specified by the convertor (not left off). Typically have one side fitted (as my Rapido). The clip fittings will have to be added to the MH. Makes changing oil easier. However these MH are more susceptable to rusting sump pans.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
DesandDek
May 29, 2020
Ferndown, BH22 9sg, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Pepper
Exp
Since 2019
Thank you all for your support, we have now ordered a set of undercovers from the bay, this decision was taken following spending a few hours under the van brushing filing scraping corrosion off the bottom radiator hose and other items, then applying a good coat of ritehammer, lots of oilwax and elbow grease. We live near to the coast and we will travel on lots of coastal roads, final decision was made on the fact this will probably be our final motorhome so needs to last.
Derek&DerithDorset vacinated and soon to escape (we hope)(y):love:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back