Difference between a Hymer B624 and B644 2003 (1 Viewer)

Fermanaghski

Free Member
Apr 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer wannabe!
Hi Paddy.

I see what you're saying, that's very helpful as a single would do well in my case. It looked a bit short in the brochure, I suppose that's the price for having the rear bed(s) front-back (674 etc) instead of across.

Would there be room for an extension to flip up if the front passenger seat was pushed right forward?

Thank you.

Paul.

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
Hi Paddy.

I see what you're saying, that's very helpful as a single would do well in my case. It looked a bit short in the brochure, I suppose that's the price for having the rear bed(s) front-back (674 etc) instead of across.

Would there be room for an extension to flip up if the front passenger seat was pushed right forward?

Thank you.

Paul.
You possibly could make an extension -the arm rest on the L settee is tubular and fits in a vertical tube on the side of the settee. You could possibly adapt this to take an extension but the bed would not be as long as if you used the passenger seat

OP
OP
Hymerbell

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Since 2002 plus 20 years in a tent
Lovely model - hope you get the chance to enjoy it soon - I have plans for something similar post lockdown!

I was always a fan of the rear U-lounge; if you don't mind me asking, is yours a garage model and can the single rear beds double as a lounge? Also, does your L-dinette (so to speak) make up to a bed?

Questions, questions.....

Thank you.

Paul.
Hi Paul,
No it’s not a rear U lounge...it’s two fixed rear beds above a garage. The transverse fixed rear bed I found just a tad too small for two so went for this instead....plus obviously got the drop down double. The French bed version was no good because it makes the garage height too low fo a moped and again a bit narrow in my opinion anyway. One day I may put my O Level woodwork skills to use and make a centre piece to make up a huge double bed.
No the L dinette can’t be made up into a bed. One of the drawbacks of this layout is the lounge is a tad small but I am willing to use that as a trade off for a comfortable large rear bed and large garage. I had B544 for 20 years previous to this and wanted fixed beds and a garage although the B544 was great when the kids were in tow.
Here is a picture of the actual beds. Fluffy cushions courtesy of she who must be obeyed.

96D7753D-C8EB-4B14-B444-6A3ADD6FFB59.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
Hi Paul Fermanaghski . I have measured the length of the side settee and it's 5' 6" long and 2' wide but an extension as above could add 8" with the passenger seat forward. This is on the Merc base so it may be different from the Fiat
Paddy

Fermanaghski

Free Member
Apr 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer wannabe!
You possibly could make an extension -the arm rest on the L settee is tubular and fits in a vertical tube on the side of the settee. You could possibly adapt this to take an extension but the bed would not be as long as if you used the passenger seat
Thanks Paddy.
Sounds like the passenger seat is the better idea.
Cheers.

Fermanaghski

Free Member
Apr 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer wannabe!
Hi Paul,
No it’s not a rear U lounge...it’s two fixed rear beds above a garage. The transverse fixed rear bed I found just a tad too small for two so went for this instead....plus obviously got the drop down double. The French bed version was no good because it makes the garage height too low fo a moped and again a bit narrow in my opinion anyway. One day I may put my O Level woodwork skills to use and make a centre piece to make up a huge double bed.
No the L dinette can’t be made up into a bed. One of the drawbacks of this layout is the lounge is a tad small but I am willing to use that as a trade off for a comfortable large rear bed and large garage. I had B544 for 20 years previous to this and wanted fixed beds and a garage although the B544 was great when the kids were in tow.
Here is a picture of the actual beds. Fluffy cushions courtesy of she who must be obeyed.

View attachment 381996
Hi Hymerbell.
Thanks for the photo, clearly not usable as a lounge but would certainly double as a teen den!
Thanks also for your comments on the garage, that would probably have been the next question...
Loving those cushions.
Paul.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Fermanaghski

Free Member
Apr 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer wannabe!
Hi Paul Fermanaghski . I have measured the length of the side settee and it's 5' 6" long and 2' wide but an extension as above could add 8" with the passenger seat forward. This is on the Merc base so it may be different from the Fiat
Paddy
Hi Paddy.
Thanks for that additional info, very useful.
6'2" sounds pretty good for an occasional bed, great to be able to suss out the issues in advance.
Cheers,
Paul.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back