Diamondbrite (1 Viewer)

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Hi getting a new van soon and was thinking of getting Diamondbrite put on or similar, thought I would ask for your advice before I take the plunge, cost permitting, also to stop the backache ,so please give me all your thoughts good and bad .

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
If they will do it for little or nothing it's worth it, if only to make cleaning easier. And certainly the time to do it when the van is new so hasn't had chance for grime to get into the paintwork. But if it's a used van you'll need to be sure it's very well cleaned so the coating doesn't overcoat that grime.

Issue with the coating, on a motorhome is there are a shed load of stickers and other surfaces. They can make a right mess if they put the coating over those as well as the paintwork.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Unless it's been parked inside since it was made it will be no cleaner now than if you take it home and wash it!
I paid for similar on one of our cars but if I was buying now I would compare the cost to using a polymer sealant myself. I suspect it would be way cheaper to DIY.
Another thing you could compare is the cost of getting polymer sealant done at a car valeters I suspect more or less the same job as the dealer is offering.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Hi getting a new van soon and was thinking of getting Diamondbrite put on or similar, thought I would ask for your advice before I take the plunge, cost permitting, also to stop the backache ,so please give me all your thoughts good and bad .
edit is there an alternative to diamondbrite which is easy to put on take off or can anyone recommend any detailers near Manchester

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
edit is there an alternative to diamondbrite which is easy to put on take off or can anyone recommend any detailers near Manchester
We have a Ceramic coating by Paintseal. Fantastic product.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 20, 2015
Newbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 1970
Had it on new van. Also included a waxy type underbody spray and treatment of upholstery. Treatment on body certainly made fixing mirrorguards trickier, really had to clean mirrors for pads to stick. Don’t know how long it’s supposed to last on paintwork

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back