Free Member
Jun 18, 2011
Pucklechurch, Bristol BS16 9SE, UK
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since July 2011!
Thanks for that. So who are you? Are you the only official and only Dethleffs approved Owners Club since the last one? Does Dethleffs approve anyone willing to start an owners club? They approved the last shambolic organisation!
I'm sure the irony of leaving one failing organisation and starting a new successful one is not lost on MHF members but the "slight" name change does not fill me with confidence. Although to be fair every forum is likely to have Motorhome in its name and every club will be called Dethleffs Owners something.
Hiding everything behind a paywall does not provide transparency. Of course no one would expect to be provided with services at no cost but expecting a leap of faith from people who have had their fingers burnt in the past may be too much.
Please don't read any negativity into my post as I wish you the best of luck.
Cheers
Steve

Oct 21, 2016
New Forest , Hampshire .
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit
Exp
Still very new , since September 2012
Steve,
Thank you for your encouragement and questions . I take it you have had a look at the web page ? www.dethleffsowners.co.uk . Yes it looks the same old page, but a few differences.

Richard asked to have nothing more to do with the Club @ November 2018 to concentrate on his business . I was asked to take over the running of the Club and with the help of another member who has taken on the Technical Help side of things , this happened in 2018 as stated before. It was with encouragement from Senior Management Dethleffs Germany that we accepted the roll of running the Club with a new ethos.

Things may have been shambolic back in 2012/ 13/14 etc which is shown by the previous comments in this column, but that was with no web page to speak about , or any Facebook presence to manage as well.

We have retained many previous members and have welcomed over 150 new members in the past year thank you , and run on a Membership of @ 400 members to date.
We presently have members in Spain, France, New Zealand , Norway , Iceland and Finland as well as all four corners of the UK so something must be going well .

Thank you for your interest but the main point of my post was to try to put to bed the idea that comments made on here in 2013/14 have no resemblance to what has happened since 2018.
Chris

Nov 8, 2018
Peak District, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class Dethleffs Esprit
Exp
Newbie, stayed on a few
I've had limited but good experience recently from the club and have had quick replies to questions.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Holy thread resurrection Batman!

I‘ve thought about joining the owners club but nobody was willing to give me any info on the benefit other than a vague “you can get discount off servicing from some dealers”.

When I asked which dealers I was told I had to join to find out. Not much use if the dealer is miles away.

It would be good to know the benefits of membership before you pay!

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Thanks for the heads up!

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I loved the bit where it said the old leader of the club left to pursue his business interests
Does sound like he had got a very good business head on his shoulders😄

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Seems a bit shambolic. Hopefully the new Dethleffs cult leader can shed some light on things!

😉

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Just to confuse things further it appears there are at least 2 Dethleffs owners groups on Facebook as well, neither of which can list the benefits of the ‘official’ owners group.

All very strange. Hopefully DethleffsOwnersClubUK can shed some light on things.

Oct 21, 2016
New Forest , Hampshire .
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit
Exp
Still very new , since September 2012
Hello Helen,
Not fully understanding how these "Thread" things work , it is unfortunate that the post 2018 Dethleffs Owners Club is still being directly linked to the previous G mail version . Many of the 400 members remain the same, but the Club format has changed.
However we have regrouped and have been going from strength to strength with your new D.O.C. web page and our direct links with Dethleffs in Germany. There are some similar named organisations out there which use the Dethleffs name , particularly on Facebook , but Dethleffs Owners Club UK is the only genuine owners Club based site , with links to the Dethleffs Factory , and we control the Dethleffs Owners Group UK 2019 on Facebook by means of a Closed Group.
We run mainly on direct email dethleffsownersuk@btinternet.com , the DOC web page and the Facebook Closed group. Yes there is a second Facebook page , but Facebook insist we must have that presence to hold the status to run the Closed Group page .
Hope this clears this up. General enquiries please direct email as the none group page is not monitored 24 /7 , hence the repeated advice on there.

The main aim is to provide help and spares based on advice from the Factory , and our appointed Service Agent , thus keeping your ownership costs affordable and maintaining your enjoyment of your precious investment. Hence , Keeping your ownership Fun and Affordable.

Our web page has ample description of some of the benefits of being a Member , and yes the fee is still only £15 a year , but until Covid passes us all by , or we accept the new conditions we may have to accept , the past / current year has been very difficult and hopefully unique and we can All get back to what we enjoy most about our motorhomes.

So please , don't be dissuaded by the negativity of the pre 2019 reports and judge on recent events , not the history over which I have no control .

Chris Dethleffs Owners Club UK..... www.dethleffsowners.co.uk

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2017
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleff Trend
Exp
5 yrs +
Hello Helen,
Not fully understanding how these "Thread" things work , it is unfortunate that the post 2018 Dethleffs Owners Club is still being directly linked to the previous G mail version . Many of the 400 members remain the same, but the Club format has changed.
However we have regrouped and have been going from strength to strength with your new D.O.C. web page and our direct links with Dethleffs in Germany. There are some similar named organisations out there which use the Dethleffs name , particularly on Facebook , but Dethleffs Owners Club UK is the only genuine owners Club based site , with links to the Dethleffs Factory , and we control the Dethleffs Owners Group UK 2019 on Facebook by means of a Closed Group.
We run mainly on direct email dethleffsownersuk@btinternet.com , the DOC web page and the Facebook Closed group. Yes there is a second Facebook page , but Facebook insist we must have that presence to hold the status to run the Closed Group page .
Hope this clears this up. General enquiries please direct email as the none group page is not monitored 24 /7 , hence the repeated advice on there.

The main aim is to provide help and spares based on advice from the Factory , and our appointed Service Agent , thus keeping your ownership costs affordable and maintaining your enjoyment of your precious investment. Hence , Keeping your ownership Fun and Affordable.

Our web page has ample description of some of the benefits of being a Member , and yes the fee is still only £15 a year , but until Covid passes us all by , or we accept the new conditions we may have to accept , the past / current year has been very difficult and hopefully unique and we can All get back to what we enjoy most about our motorhomes.

So please , don't be dissuaded by the negativity of the pre 2019 reports and judge on recent events , not the history over which I have no control .

Chris Dethleffs Owners Club UK..... www.dethleffsowners.co.uk
I have just purchased a Dethleff Trend and was looking to join this club but, when I open the link and look at 'membership benefits' all I get is " This content is for Dethleff Owners Membership" and a pay up before finding out what the benefits are option
This is no way to attract anyone to a club- pay up and we'll let you know what you might get- so, is that link correct or is your statement "Our web page has ample description of some of the benefits of being a Member" a little economical with the truth?
"We offer a free, by return email helpline for Members Only. Parts, assistance, in fact anything you need for your Dethleffs." seems to be the sum of the info. available before paying up so , is that it?

Apr 15, 2022
Funster No
MH
DethleffGlobetrotter
Exp
Started in 2005, then took a 15 year break, back in 2022
I joined before collecting my Globetrotter.
Very glad I did, they were so much more helpful (and knew my van better) than the supplying dealer.
They even helped me find the correct pdf manual for my van - again something the dealer had no idea about.

Jun 2, 2017
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleff Trend
Exp
5 yrs +
I joined before collecting my Globetrotter.
Very glad I did, they were so much more helpful (and knew my van better) than the supplying dealer.
They even helped me find the correct pdf manual for my van - again something the dealer had no idea about.
Thanks for that Heliart.
I'll take the plunge and splash out!

Jun 4, 2019
North licolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
We are a member of the club have been since April 2019. Great technical help. Lovely sharing experiences. And solving problems together. Hab check deals from most dethleffs dealers. Met some lovely friends through the club, just like we have with this club.

Apr 15, 2022
Funster No
MH
DethleffGlobetrotter
Exp
We are a member of the club have been since April 2019. Great technical help. Lovely sharing experiences. And solving problems together. Hab check deals from most dethleffs dealers. Met some lovely friends through the club, just like we have with this club.
Interesting on the hab check. I've just got a quote from my supplying dealer for the first warranty hab check - it's over £600. Compare this to the supporting dealers via the owners club and it'll cost you £320.
Just adds even more to my high distaste for the big dealerships. I'm not going to name names, but blimey.

Jun 4, 2019
North licolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Our supplying dealer is Lowdhams and they charge over the odds too. Shame theres not many dethleffs dealers who do the deal in the north. The nearest one for us is Cara in Stoke.

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Total waste if money ,saw them recently at a dealer rally the marshall didnt arrive on time so dealer had to marshal they constanly left gate open a most left after taking the goodies

Apr 15, 2022
Funster No
MH
DethleffGlobetrotter
Exp
Total waste if money ,saw them recently at a dealer rally the marshall didnt arrive on time so dealer had to marshal they constanly left gate open a most left after taking the goodies
What's a total waste of money? The club, £15, what?

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Sorry a bit rushed comnent , i joined and got nothing from it hardly any rallies and seemed a bit of a click to me .

Apr 15, 2022
Funster No
MH
DethleffGlobetrotter
Exp
Just wanted to give a shout out to the Deftleffs owners club and their Deffy discount scheme for Dethleffs approved hab servicing.
Just has my 12 month hab service done at Greenfields Caravans and Motorhomes today (9th June).
Brilliant service, and night and day better support than from the supplying dealer.
Plus, and get this, the full hab service was exactly 50% the cost of the quote from the supplying dealer.
To any Deftleffs owners, it's a totaly no brainer to support the club, and also support the network of Dethleffs approved service agents who signed up to this great scheme.

Cheers.

Steve

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Does anyone know where the front grill badge can be obtained from?

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
If someone can tell me if the badges are listed on the parts support line I might be tempted to join again.
Doesn't need to be listed. Fill in the on line document detailing what you need and vin number etc and info will follow. It's a great service!

Jun 4, 2019
North licolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
You can buy the badge as a stick on from ebay.

Screenshot_20230912-204815_Chrome.jpg

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Doesn't need to be listed. Fill in the on line document detailing what you need and vin number etc and info will follow. It's a great service!
See attached, I was enquiring about sourcing a furniture panel. Sent extract of parts build up and costs.

Screenshot_20230912_215426_Outlook.jpg

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
I've asked a couple of questions via their technical line and received very quick responses.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back