Dethleffs Adblue Filler in Cab (1 Viewer)

tattytony

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2010
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
My Adblue filler is in the cab and is a pain to clean up after spills picture attached before todays clean up.
I have no level indicator to know how much to put in: as an example

On our return from Spain filled up with adblue at the campsite so i thought as i could not get any more in without it spilling.
Then not 200km later the warning light came on so pulled into fuel station using the adblue pump only took €1 of adblue.
About 700km later warning light came on and took about 6l of Adblue.

I have no idea what is going on but i am sure its not right, as for filling i would like to get it moved to where to Diesel filler is any ideas welcome please ? or to have an indicator somewhere

Please can you knowledgeable people please help ?

TIA

Tony

Attachments

• Adblue Filler.jpg
    Adblue Filler.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 94
Jul 11, 2009
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Concorde Compact
Exp
Since I was 18.... 1996....
Wow that seems crazy to have the filler there.

I use one of these in my new van , my filler is outside as PVC but I had it already from
When I had a Picasso with the filler in the boot.

You can shut off the flow so minimise spillage.

Daniel

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Does this filling funnel work as advertised, danielf ?:unsure:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 11, 2009
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Concorde Compact
Exp
Hi AndyPK

I works for me , I get a lot less spillage using it than a normal funnel or the fillers.

I still have gloves on and a rag to catch any that is past the valve if it brims the adblue tank.

I have only used it in my new Ducato twice so far and it works, But must be due a top up soon. I wish mine had a range meter on it ….

Daniel

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
or you could use one of the old fashion squeezable bulb fillers that we used to use for petrol etc, from container to tank?

Upvote 0

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Hi AndyPK

I works for me , I get a lot less spillage using it than a normal funnel or the fillers.

I still have gloves on and a rag to catch any that is past the valve if it brims the adblue tank.

I have only used it in my new Ducato twice so far and it works, But must be due a top up soon. I wish mine had a range meter on it ….

Daniel
Don’t wait until the warning like comes on. If you do you don’t have many miles before ‘Van won’t start’ warning comes on.

Not long after we had the van, the Adblue light came on, only about 50 miles from home (with our car you have 1500 miles). Once home I topped up with 10 litres, and followed the reset procedure as per the manual instructions, warning light stayed on. I gave it half hour and drove around the block to see if that helped…..no. Non start kicked in, had to call out breakdown (RAC Commercial) who had Adblue cascading out of the filler. They couldn’t get it going, so taken to the dealers on a flatbed, where they reset the system.

Moral of that episode…..as the mileage passes the 000’s mark, I top up with approximately 3 litres or so, keeping it full. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 11, 2009
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Concorde Compact
Exp
Hi Sapper520

Yes I saw your posts on that. I filled mine when new and then topped up at 2,000 miles light came on at 4,290 miles whilst away at Christmas.

I did not thankfully have any issue 😬

For anyone interested I snapped a picture of the funnel on my van today.
FD51AB56-5EBD-4CC4-93F0-75A2FA0C6E5E.jpeg

Upvote 0

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Having seen how the RAC guy overfilled ours, with Adblue cascading out of the filler, I’m happy to have a slight dribble coming back out so I know it’s full.

I absolutely love gizmo’s like that. (y)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back