Decent place to overnight near alton towers (1 Viewer)

Feb 8, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Hymer b544
Exp
Very little
Hi i was going to go fishing next weekend but my friend has a bucket list having been not well and wants to do alton towers and some of the big rides, before hes planted in the ground.
Im looking for somewhere close to the venue that has a pub nearby so we can get a munch and a pint ,of course we need to tick the list too
Can any funster give us the heeds up on where to park hamish for a couple of nights,
I dont mind a site or wild or a pub site etc
Cheers
Mark .

Stephen Franklin

Free Member
Jan 11, 2017
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Alpa
Exp
since 2017
There is a site right outside Alton Towers and a pub just down the road. It's a CCC site from memory.
Just checked, it's The Star, Alton. It says it's a mile from the entrance, I remember it as being closer, we definitely walked.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
Oakamoor is about 3 miles away and there is a cycle track park where you may be able to park by the old railway station...go past the first car park (by Lord Nelson pub)then past car park with barrier then. left over the bridge.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Aug 12, 2011
Funster No
MH
Roller team 700
Exp
Since 2007
Stayed at the Star before and it is a beautifully designed site but ruled with a first of iron! It was too repressive for my (very well behaved) kids and my husband and I. A place that is a tiny bit further but a lovely family run site is the Lower Minklin Caravan Site.
http://m.lmtp.co.uk/
They are soo lovely, a really nice family, plenty of space, We stay here when we go to Alton Towers. They have lovely back trails to a quaint village pub which serves delicious food. And at night the owls hoot and the rabbits and foxes come out. It’s lovely!!

Plus the bus goes right past the site, the stop is right outside and takes you all the way into Alton Towers! 10 minute journey. All the details re bus times and local amenities etc are on the above website.

Aug 12, 2011
Funster No
MH
Roller team 700
Exp
Since 2007
I live to serve and aim to please! Hope it works out for you. Enjoy Hex! Love that ride.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back