Day 2 PCR tests from France to UK (1 Viewer)

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
Any recommendations for the current Day 2 PCR home test? Dante Labs have been suggested at £48 each

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
medical expert are the cheapest at 28 nicker, but you may want to wait to see if they are required as changing to an LFT at an unknown date in the future but probably/possibly before half term week

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 25, 2017
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
Since2012
I’ve just had kits supplied by Randox Health, ordered Saturday arrived today. With discount code flyryanair comes in at £43 each

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
We used expert Medicals think they were £28 each , email with code came through straightaway and the kits were delivered to us really quickly.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
I used my expert medicals test today , I did have a problem as the bar code wasn’t recognised when I tried to activate it.

I sent them an email to the support email address and had a response within a few minutes giving me a new code , explaining how to use it . (y)

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
I used my expert medicals test today , I did have a problem as the bar code wasn’t recognised when I tried to activate it.

I sent them an email to the support email address and had a response within a few minutes giving me a new code , explaining how to use it . (y)
I thought expert medicals had been removed from the approved list
05/10/21
however they still seem to be on this list

Last edited:

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
Thought you didn't need the pre-departure tests but from the 4th October still needed the day 2 PCR home test?

Travel from France to the UK​

As the UK is subject to the French government’s amber list requirements, if you are not fully vaccinated and wish to travel from France to the UK you must complete a Certificate to leave Metropolitan France, which specifies exemptions for travel. If you are fully vaccinated, you are not required to present an essential reason for travel. No UK citizen or resident should be prevented from leaving France to travel to the UK. However, return to France will be subject to the restrictions outlined above.

If you intend to travel to England, Scotland, or Wales, including UK nationals returning home from travel abroad, you must provide evidence of a negative COVID-19 test result, taken up to 3 days before departure. If you do not comply (and you do not have a valid exemption) your airline or carrier may refuse you boarding and/or you may be fined on arrival. You can access tests in France via the French government’s website. Travellers will then be subject to quarantine measures in place in the UK upon entry.

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
Thought you didn't need the pre-departure tests but from the 4th October still needed the day 2 PCR home test?
Apologies.. it seems i misled you.
you are correct, no predept test and PCR not required from end Oct

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
Expert Medical here too, quick to order and "reasonably" priced. We are coming back from Greece, not sure how different that is to France in terms of leaving and entering the UK; but it seems clear that a day 2 test must be booked and the ref number entered onto the PLF within 48hrs of arrival back in the UK.

I believe, as has been alluded to above, that moving to self-test LF is for post-October and around half-term.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
other way round.. you need pre departure, but not Day 2 PCR
We caught the ferry yesterday from France and didn’t need a 72 hour pre departure test but did need a +day 2 test booked in order to complete our Passenger Locator Form.

Oct 1, 2019
Guildford
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMCI 680 A Cl
Exp
Since June 20
Day 2 PCR is still required it's the lateral flow (antigen test) while in France that is not required

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Apologies.. it seems i misled you.
you are correct, no predept test and PCR not required from end Oct

I think your info is out of date.
Day two test still required but there may be a further announcement on Thursday.
Pre departure test if retuning from France is not nor requ.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
There's been a bit of a 'debate' going on over on HotUKDeals about the requirement to have PCR (or soon to be LFT) tests done on day 2 of your return to the UK. One chap has been coming and going without having to do it ... he seems to think that it isn't actually a 'legal' demand as you don't sign anything to say you accept to be bound by it.

It would be interesting to know what those of a 'legal' background think of this:

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
I think your info is out of date.
Day two test still required but there may be a further announcement on Thursday.
Pre departure test if retuning from France is not nor requ.
Fingers crossed they ditch the whole testing shambles. 🤞🤞🤞. The current rules only require you buy the two days after return test. You don’t actually have to take the test. That tells me it’s all about the money 💷💷💷.

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
Fingers crossed they ditch the whole testing shambles. 🤞🤞🤞. The current rules only require you buy the two days after return test. You don’t actually have to take the test. That tells me it’s all about the money 💷💷💷.
Exactly. Eurofins drive through test is £20.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I’ve got it down to £3 is this what I need to re enter the UK? This is from Gov.uk
97F177CD-4D82-405E-BD04-CE4BF5B78722.png

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Expert medicals still works👍 I've just bought two to return from Spain. £29.99 each Inc delivery and return postage. You get the code for the locator form immediately by email. This is the second time I've used them.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
We bought from Dante Labs before we came back from Spain when it was over £90 each! We got home to the news reporting that a Lab in Wolverhampton had been closed down after giving false test results. I looked at our Dante test kits and the return prepaid envelopes are addressed to the Immense Lab in Wolverhampton that has been closed down. I have emailed them twice for instructions on what to do. The best that the UK Health Security Agency Press Office could suggest was to ring 111 which of course is so swamped with calls that you can't get through! We have decided to do the lateral flow tests that we bought to go away but were dropped from being a requirement before we left. That is what is required in a weeks time. The Plymouth passport office said that your vaccination forms, passports and locator forms are all connected by computer so the Government could have contacted us if they wanted us to do anything in the circumstances but they haven't so no surprise there.
I shall be doing a claim in the Small Claims Court to get my money back from Dante and to sue for any extra costs like fines if they get imposed on us! In hindsight there have been quite a few poor reviews of Dante I now find having come home and have a computer to search on their name!

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
We bought from Dante Labs before we came back from Spain when it was over £90 each! We got home to the news reporting that a Lab in Wolverhampton had been closed down after giving false test results. I looked at our Dante test kits and the return prepaid envelopes are addressed to the Immense Lab in Wolverhampton that has been closed down. I have emailed them twice for instructions on what to do. The best that the UK Health Security Agency Press Office could suggest was to ring 111 which of course is so swamped with calls that you can't get through! We have decided to do the lateral flow tests that we bought to go away but were dropped from being a requirement before we left. That is what is required in a weeks time. The Plymouth passport office said that your vaccination forms, passports and locator forms are all connected by computer so the Government could have contacted us if they wanted us to do anything in the circumstances but they haven't so no surprise there.
I shall be doing a claim in the Small Claims Court to get my money back from Dante and to sue for any extra costs like fines if they get imposed on us! In hindsight there have been quite a few poor reviews of Dante I now find having come home and have a computer to search on their name!
Don’t worry unnecessarily. The rules are only that one must have paid for tests. You don’t actually have to take them. Just pay for them.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I’ve got it down to £3 is this what I need to re enter the UK? This is from Gov.uk
View attachment 549010
You need to click through and check though, the £3 one is only if you book an appointment at Peterborough. I've managed to find one for 45p but you have to go to Cardiff if you are one of the 'lucky' ones as they only have 3,000 of these 'for sale' every month.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
But the £3 one says. “Self test at home”.
I know ... you can do the test at home but you still have to go and pick it up ...

1634577457211.png

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back