Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Went around to premises in Yate near Bristol today and completely empty yard.
Vanworx of Portland Weymouth are going to build Danbury VW campervans.
Not sure if they are going to produce the Pilote Avenir.
I know Danbury havesold a few, any owners on here with any information.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Read somewhere that Danbury are being built abroad
I thought I had heard Danbury had been brought out by a larger MoHo company but could be totally wrong about that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
From the Danbury web site:

They still show an Avenir on their web page but the statement says:
"
These new Vanworx Danbury conversions will be built typically on the legendary designs of the Danbury Surf and Royale models whilst looking to maintain the values and traditions of Danbury."

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
The original Danbury conversions were made in Danbury Essex, at St Cleres hall. Located between Chelmsford and Malldon. I installed the owners hi fi system in the hall, he was an ex opera singer, a bit eccentric but his name escapes me.
Phil

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
From the Danbury web site:

They still show an Avenir on their web page but the statement says:
"
These new Vanworx Danbury conversions will be built typically on the legendary designs of the Danbury Surf and Royale models whilst looking to maintain the values and traditions of Danbury."

That is interesting, so is it a hand over/sale of the business as the site seems to be directing people to Vanworx, generay if a company outsources manufacturing they are not sending people to the outsourcer the Vanworx site doesn't seem to mention Danbury at this time but that facebook page seems like there are big changes

The current Danbury production facility at Yate has now ceased. The new Vanworx Danbury conversions will be built typically on the legendary designs of the Danbury Surf and Royale models whilst looking to maintain the values and traditions of Danbury.

Vanworx will be delighted to meet existing Danbury customers when they come to have their annual habitation checks, to have some warranty work completed on your campervan or even to visit our showroom, to consider a part exchange or upgrade of your existing Danbury campervan.

OP
OP
pops

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Coolcats, yes Pilote brought them in 2017 and I was told Pilote we’re supplying the panel van conversions and Danbury we’re adding their own touches to them. Living only a couple of miles away from their Yate factory l called in to find out if they were going to build a model like my F630DJA and they told me they were hoping to start building the vans themselves.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Coolcats, yes Pilote brought them in 2017 and I was told Pilote we’re supplying the panel van conversions and Danbury we’re adding their own touches to them. Living only a couple of miles away from their Yate factory l called in to find out if they were going to build a model like my F630DJA and they told me they were hoping to start building the vans themselves.

Thats interesting, looks like a bit of a puzzle going on here and needs a bit of unpicking. looking at Pilote no mention of Danbury on their website and why would Pilote want Vanworx to build or Modify MoHo's as it just adds cost ?

Looking at Vanworx website no mention of Danbury or welcoming of Danbury customers.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The original Danbury conversions were made in Danbury Essex, at St Cleres hall. Located between Chelmsford and Malldon. I installed the owners hi fi system in the hall, he was an ex opera singer, a bit eccentric but his name escapes me.
Phil
Go Compare? 🤪

OP
OP
pops

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
@Coolcats,If you put in Groupe Pilote into search and go to presentation of our brands, Danbury are on Pilotes list.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
@Coolcats,If you put in Groupe Pilote into search and go to presentation of our brands, Danbury are on Pilotes list.
So it is, thanks for that, so what do you think about the Vanworx connection?

OP
OP
pops

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
I went on Danbury’s Facebook page and Vanworx have a place in Bridgwater.One of Danbury’s custome had a battery problem and they seem to look after them well.
It just seems strange why Vanworx did not take over theYate premises.
Not sure about the Pilote side of things. I wish Pilote would go back to selling their V series’s pvc in GB.

May 29, 2020
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
Exp
Since March 2024
I was puzzled when Danbury announced the closure of their Yate factory as "great news for Danbury customers" I wonder what the Yate staff thought about that spin on things!
On their Facebook page the latest announcement is "Danbury will be run from it's own brand new factory in Somerset. We are also in the process of setting up a dealer network...." The FB post goes on to watch for further news on their social media channels.
As the above post from "pops" mentions VANWORX having a place in Bridgwater, I think we could see the rebranded Pilote's coming directly from Danbury rather than France and the VW T6.1's coming out of Vanworx in Portland near Weymouth.

OP
OP
pops

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Davan Caravans of Weston-super-Mare who were selling Danbury Avenir are now advertising the 2021 Pilote
Avenir collection which consists the V540-V600 and V630.
Pilote are also are bringing out the V630LG Exclusive British van ( sliding door on n/s and cooker).
So reading between the lines it seem that the Pilote/Danbury range has finished.
Hope the dealers who have sold the Avenir will stand by the warranty claims.

May 29, 2020
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
Exp
Since March 2024
The Avenir was just a Pilote with a couple of Danbury stickers anyway. I am interested in a Pilote V-series but the service I've been getting from Davan has been pretty poor so far. Mind you all the other dealers down the M5 have not been much better.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back