Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Sorry about your mum.

Try and talk dad to come to the rallies. Maybe join for a couple yourself. We will all look after him.

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Welcome. So sorry for your loss. I hope your dad can get involved somehow as there is a lot of good friendly advice to be had in here.
Best wishes đź‘Ť

Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
Sorry youve lost your mum, perhaps you could show your dad how to use the forum on an ipad, im sure he would enjoy it ,if i can do it im sure he can,and its rather like having virtual friends that youcan chat too, and then he can go on some rallies,and meet other like minded folk :) good luck. Pampam🤗

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
teresakneller
Very sorry to hear about your mum. It's still very early days for your dad, getting used to being without his life companion. Heartbreaking indeed. Hopefully you can see that members on this forum are on the whole a friendly bunch and many would be very happy to help where possible. A couple of members have already made fantastic offers.
My view is slightly different. Some people (us included) are of a reserved nature and the thought of attending a rally or meet with a large number of rowdy motorhomers would have us running for the hills :cool: that's not to say we're antisocial or unfriendly, but on the quiet side.
If your dad is similar, there may be rallies with smaller numbers. Also if he's already 'on the road' if he/you were to let us know the area he's in, there may well be a member or two who could arrange (privately) to meet him for a chat and a cup of tea.
I hope in time he can enjoy his travelling fully again.
Karen

Mobsy

Free Member
Nov 25, 2019
Bridgnorth, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Self-built campervan
Exp
I'm a newbie
I couldn't see it mentioned above but you or your dad have a look at the Phoenix camping club, it's specifically for solo mohoers and campers. Friendly people that I met up with in Spain pre covid.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back