COVID test prior to arriving in Spain by ferry. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Now we can travel to Spain by ferry, what are doing with regards to the ‘72 hour test’ ?.

Jun 9, 2018
Paignton
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam Autoroller 200
Exp
10 years
We are booked to cross from Portsmouth to Santander on the 15th. We tried Boots for the covid test but the nearest branch is Exeter, they only guarantee it within 48 hours and in any case were fully booked on the preceding day. So useless when you have to produce your result on boarding. We have now found a local vet lab (Axiom, Newton Abbot) which sends the result within 24 hours. The only drawback is Boots do it for you, axiom send you a test kit to do yourself. Its a bit of a stretch but should be good enough. Just hoping the ferry is not delayed or cancelled (a frequent occurrence for us) or we shall still be scuppered.

OP
OP
Hotelman
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
We are booked to cross from Portsmouth to Santander on the 15th. We tried Boots for the covid test but the nearest branch is Exeter, they only guarantee it within 48 hours and in any case were fully booked on the preceding day. So useless when you have to produce your result on boarding. We have now found a local vet lab (Axiom, Newton Abbot) which sends the result within 24 hours. The only drawback is Boots do it for you, axiom send you a test kit to do yourself. Its a bit of a stretch but should be good enough. Just hoping the ferry is not delayed or cancelled (a frequent occurrence for us) or we shall still be scuppered.
I assumed that the result was to be shown on arrival in Spain, so with wifi and a printer on board it gives other options .?

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
From Brittany ferries site.

Present valid documentation, at check-in, to confirm the test was negative for each person travelling (including children).

So you need the results before getting on the ferry.

OP
OP
Hotelman
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
From Brittany ferries site.

Present valid documentation, at check-in, to confirm the test was negative for each person travelling (including children).

So you need the results before getting on the ferry.
Thanks, but how are those travelling getting the tests and results done ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Hotelman
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
We are travelling 17 th Dec to Santander 2 nights crossing we have a test booked 16 and a same day result so gives us just 72 hours
So where can you get same day test done ?, but I guess that the Spanish won’t argue over a few hours here or there 🤞

OP
OP
Hotelman
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
After a lot of research and pontificating, we have now booked to Caen , day crossing on New Year’s Eve, and then drive down, a shame, but the testing logistics didn’t work, with an early Tuesday sailing, unable to get tests on the Sunday, 🚍😢

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
After a lot of research and pontificating, we have now booked to Caen , day crossing on New Year’s Eve, and then drive down, a shame, but the testing logistics didn’t work, with an early Tuesday sailing, unable to get tests on the Sunday, 🚍😢
I came to the same conclusion. We have not booked a crossing yet though. Probably the tunnel although they are going fast.

OP
OP
Hotelman
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
I came to the same conclusion. We have not booked a crossing yet though. Probably the tunnel although they are going fast.
Only because, I bought the basic economy ticket, no refunds or credit notes only amendments, otherwise we’d have got the tunnel

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Rules seem to change so fast dont they for various countries and travel arrangements.
Cant really see why flying in, or sailing in, should have different rules to driving in TBH.(although in planes its a confined space wearing masks)
Flying in is second test on arrival, then self isolate for 5 days before venturing out, or so it was explained on tele travel show last night.
Looking like we might as well wait for, or maybe even arrange to pay for a vaccine, although not viable option at the moment.
I guess it depends on how much you need to be somewhere.
LES

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
There is a private medical practice in Shrewsbury that my brother is using this coming Friday for a flight to Gran Canary on Saturday, results are available whilst you wait. However the price is in excess of £150!!
Which practice please

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
There is a private medical practice in Shrewsbury that my brother is using this coming Friday for a flight to Gran Canary on Saturday, results are available whilst you wait. However the price is in excess of £150!!

Which practice please
And me thanks.

We will almost certainly go by tunnel but I can see the value of having the test results to show in case of hassle. it would show that we didnt have it when we left.

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
Shrewsbury Covid-19 test Shrewsbury (& Wolverhampton)...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back