Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Rapido 787f
Exp
Since June 2004
My CoPilot caravan suddenly stopped working yesterday,when you touch go for a destination it says searching for GPS signal and in the box at bottom of screen it reads no GPS fix.I sent CoPilot a question for help ,they sent back they will be in touch asap but up until now I have had no reply.Has anyone else had this problem. Thanks Ebby

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Am I right that this is a "stand alone" device not an app on a tablet or phone, have you tried a switch off and restart "reboot".

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ebby

Ebby

Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Rapido 787f
Exp
Since June 2004
Sorry should have said I have CoPilot downloaded to my phone. Ebby

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
That's never happened to me, but it sounds like it just can't get a GPS fix so although it can calculate your route in theory it's having problems identifying your starting location. Try turning on your location GPS on your phone - get clear of buildings etc. and then try Copilot again.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Sorry should have said I have CoPilot downloaded to my phone. Ebby

Check GPS is turned on. I have a free Android app, something like GPS Test that shows you what satellites it can find. This is stage 1 in solving the problem.

If Apple, can't help.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I've had the same problem several times but eventually it seems to find the GPS signal.
I find the whole app (on my iPad Mini) very slow at times and have often shut it down and re-opened it.
I'm going to delete the app and download it again to see if there's any improvement.

Richard.

OP
OP
Ebby

Ebby

Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Rapido 787f
Exp
Since June 2004
Clarky,if l delete the Copilot app can download it again free of charge,l don't really want to pay again. Ebby

Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Clarky,if l delete the Copilot app can download it again free of charge,l don't really want to pay again. Ebby
Certainly you can with Apple Apps but don't know about other inferior brands. :reel::D
If you go into 'App Store' there is a list of 'Purchased' apps. You can download any of them again.

Richard.

cronkle

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since1995
Certainly you can with Apple Apps but don't know about other inferior brands. :reel::D
If you go into 'App Store' there is a list of 'Purchased' apps. You can download any of them again.

Richard.
Same with Android. Can be downloaded to multiple devices.

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
I really wouldn't uninstall it unless ALK advise you to. There is a copy protection element that limits the number of times you can do it.

cronkle

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since1995
I really wouldn't uninstall it unless ALK advise you to. There is a copy protection element that limits the number of times you can do it.
and I have had to download the maps all over again after a delete.

Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
This thread was the nudge I needed to uninstall the app as I have been meaning to for ages.
Downloaded again from the App Store with no problems, it even remembered all my favourite aires and places.
Just had to re-download the maps although not too much of a problem with unlimited BB at home.

Whether the re-install will make any difference to the way the app works only time will tell.

Richard.

OP
OP
Ebby

Ebby

Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Rapido 787f
Exp
Since June 2004
Yes Funfair,first thing l did was try Copilot alongside Tom Tom which picked up satellite and Copilot wouldn't. I am dissapointed in Copilot I have sent three questions in 24 hours regarding this,the only reply l had was they would look into it and get back to me,which they haven't.Ebby

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
When we had a similar issue on a table with one of our sat nav downloads what we found was that if we did the following it worked!

Open up your sat nav programme and leave it running
Go into your phone/tablet settings and turn OFF the GPS
Wait a couple of seconds and turn it ON again
Go back to your sat nav and try using it again ... it worked for us every time!

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Yes Funfair,first thing l did was try Copilot alongside Tom Tom which picked up satellite and Copilot wouldn't. I am dissapointed in Copilot I have sent three questions in 24 hours regarding this,the only reply l had was they would look into it and get back to me,which they haven't.Ebby

To be honest it sounds more like a problem with your phone than the software, they're probably trying to think of a polite way of telling you ;)

Minxy Girl sounds like she has the right idea (as usual xroll:) :xThumb:

OP
OP
Ebby

Ebby

Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Rapido 787f
Exp
Since June 2004
Minxy girl was right,l had accidentally turned off the location setting on my phone,turned it back on, all OK now,l am a dozy t--t. Thanks all for your help and merry Christmas. Ebby

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
To be honest it sounds more like a problem with your phone than the software, they're probably trying to think of a polite way of telling you ;)
Minxy Girl sounds like she has the right idea (as usual xroll:) :xThumb:
Minxy girl was right,l had accidentally turned off the location setting on my phone,turned it back on, all OK now,l am a dozy t--t. Thanks all for your help and merry Christmas. Ebby
Oh yeah .... back of the net!!!!:Grin:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back