rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Has anyone stayed on this site? It is not far away from Chichester. We were recommended this by the Caravan and Camping Club warden because they were full. It was teatime when we arrived after arriving at Portsmouth from Santander on our way to Sittingbourne to see our family. We have never seen a site like it, we can only describe it as the Ritz of camping with a price to match. A basic £37 per night. The toilet block could be described as better than a top class hotel, the pitches were spotless with not a blade of grass out of place.
We have just received notification of a Goodwood Event where pitch prices are quoted at £79 for a small pitch up to £99 for a large one per night. If requested a helicopter can be arranged to transport you to the event. This sort of site will appeal to a certain type of camper but I would have thought that if you can afford to pay these sort of prices you are going to stop in a top class hotel not a caravan or motorhome. To get more of an insight have a look on the web site. What lets it down quite badly is its location because all you can hear is the constant noise of the main road over the hedge. A free issue of earplugs might help.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I guess if you have the money, why not .. ?

nice campsite, but a crap website ..

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
I did look at there website after seeing it advertised in MMM and yes it does look nice and maybe one day I might take a visit that is after I have saved up. And yes I thought the website was crap also. I also dont understand why it has to be so expensive, I appreciate it would have cost a lot to get it like that but you can't just build a million plus campsite and then expect folks to pay big bucks. Not in this country anyway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Its near to us. We often stay near Bosham and thought it might be worth a look. The A27 is way too near - constant noise day and night!

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
This sort of site will appeal to a certain type of camper but I would have thought that if you can afford to pay these sort of prices you are going to stop in a top class hotel not a caravan or motorhome. To get more of an insight have a look on the web site. What lets it down quite badly is its location because all you can hear is the constant noise of the main road over the hedge. A free issue of earplugs might help.

It's been said many times that you don't choose motorhoming as a budget holiday option. Plus, my van has all the facilities I need, so I'll take a piece of grass overlooking a beach over manicured lawns and Ritz style facilities anytime. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back