Club Voyage is it worth it (1 Viewer)

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
we normally travel tunnel, haven't the prices gone up!! already booked tunnel for end of May but now planning the September trip. thank to a kind funster who provided discount code the cost to Caen is the sames as the tunnel, and this is without factoring the extra fuel and tolls, and includes a bed on the ferry.

So my question is, is Club Voyage worth the £60 registration and then £60 per year, how many trip do you have to take to recuperate this cost in discounts

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
The old scheme was much easier to work out because it was 30% off whenever you went. The new scheme is much harder to calculate as there are different levels depending on when you go. It says “up to 35%” . I think you need to look carefully at when you’re likely to be crossing and make up your own mind.

With the old scheme you’d usually break even the first year with one crossing and then it was profit every year after. Only you can really work out how likely you are to do that on the new scheme. I think some crossings are only 5% off at peak times.

Upvote 0
Sep 28, 2021
Worcester, UK
Funster No
MH
LMC premium I650G
Exp
35y tugging + 2 in Motorhome
If you want to travel between November and March then it’s definitely worth it, but in the remaining months not too sure.

• Thanks
Reactions: TCG
Upvote 0
May 2, 2024
Funster No
MH
Pending Purchase
We have used Club Voyage for years as regular travellers to Normandy to visit family. Usually the Portsmouth - Caen route.

I'd say if you make a couple of trips per year it's worth it. Also worth it if you can time your travel to be mostly daytime crossings as the free / discounted cabin is a definite benefit.

If only 1 trip per year, it's possibly worth it depending on time of travel - as others have said it used to be the case that 1 trip would payback the Club Voyage fee but that's not always the case now.

• Thanks
Reactions: TCG
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back