Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
We have a Weinsberg which has a flyscreen door that clips onto the inside of the frame of the hab door. When the flyscreen was closed a gust of wind blew the hab door shut and pushed the fly screen away from the hab door frame, in the top corner. It appears to be held on by a plastic clip, which may be broken or may just need clipping back in - but I cannot see how to get it clipped back in

Is anyone familiar with this fitting? Does it look broken or can it be clipped back in? If it broken any ideas of a supplier?

This is the back of the flyscreen that the clips attach into
Frame back.jpg

This is the plastic clip that slides up and down a slot in the hab door frame and appears to have two different shaped clip parts to it, that should fit into the back of the flyscreen frame
Clip.jpg

Sorry about the quality of the photos, but I have to pull the flyscreen away to get the phone camera inside

TIA

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Sorry I cannot help but expect the designers must have anticipated the door blowing to. my own is different to yours and too often the outer door has accidentally slammed to while the screen was across without problems.

OP
OP
Clickem

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
I think that it depends on the inside shape of the hab door. On our old van the door used to just push the concertina flyscreen material in, and it just needed straightening. On this van the hab door fills the whole space that the fly screen covers. The fly screen was only open a few inches, so when the hab door tries to close it pushes on the flyscreen frame and pushes it inwards, and breaks/forces the plastic clip

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Clickem

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Many thanks to Paul (Two on Tour) for spending some time explaining to me how the Flyscreen is removed and replaced, and also providing a great source for the clips

Pat (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back