LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi there,
I tend to do washing every two or three days, I hate hauling around lots of dirty clothes. I use a wonder wash manual washing machine that you fill with washing/detergent/water... screw the lid on and turn turn turn (actually it is older than what is known as a wonder wash but the same sort of thing. It washes really well and I use it for rinsing too. Thus year I invested £1.79 in a Tefal Spinmaster, a 6kg domestic spin dryer (it weighs 6kg) and I love it. I hated the wringing out and this does the job. You get the washing dry the same day under normal line conditions! Jane

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
I must be bored to read this and reply! Mrs D looks after all this kind of thing and on long trips she washes perhaps every week or two weeks. We tend to wait until we find a quiet Aire with endless free water then she will wash in the sink. I usually open the grey at the same time so the washing water gives it a good flush. Then she hangs it out the side of the van on one of these

Link Removed

We never take loads of clothes. Just enough stuff for two weeks tops. If your fulltiming and its winter however it may be easier to just use a laundrette every now and again. Dont think I could be bothered with carting a washing machine around in the van.​

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Pete and I were discussing this last night (obviously I meant you had to take the bucket for a drive, that had already been said, hadn't it?) and eldest daughter now has a twin tub as mentioned, it is OK but the rinsing in the spinner isn't really that brill (we both have quite a fixation about poor rinsing being the major cause of grey washing!) and we landed up rinsing most of the light coloureds by hand. (I should explain this was on two successive years fishing holidays at remote lakes with 7 adults and 3 children ranging from age 3 to age 12)

But anyway - it's the space! We would have to leave summat else at home if we took a washer, I think. Thing is, if the clothing/clean towels etc situation became desperate, then I'd just go and stay on a campsite a couple of days. But I spose anywhere right out of season it could be tricky ......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Im sure I read somewhere about doing the washing in the shower tray by bundling it all in with washing powder or whatever and then driving along for an hour or two. When you stop the washing is done. Or did I dream it? Actually what am I doing on a forum talking about washing clothes?:Eeek:

patr

Free Member
Jul 1, 2008
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Actually what am I doing on a forum talking about washing clothes?:Eeek:[/QUOTE said:
Can I take it then that you do not have a subscription to "WHAT Washing Line."

The only magazine for those who value a pair of air dried shreddies?::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back