Cheap homemade water pump for aqua roll (1 Viewer)

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Since we are still using the shower in the motorhome with a family of 5 when on site , I’ve decided to make a homemade pump to get water into the motorhome . It’s fine when we are on a fully serviced pitch and have a tap but when I have to make 20 trips with a watering can to fill the tank back up ,it’s a right pain .Never used an aqua roll before so I am hoping this homemade £10 contraption will do the trick . In theory I 5DAB4B17-940D-4283-B1B3-EC2F416FEE0E.jpegshould be able to pretty much refill the tank with 2 trips to the water point .
Anyone used anything like this before ?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I made something very similar, mainly for long stays. Worked fine for me when I did use it (y)

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
And me... I used a submersible diesel transfer pump( new and yes clean) empties 40l auqaroll in about a minute.
Unfortunately you have mentioned "Aquaroll".. many on here think only for tuggers...so stand by 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Since we are still using the shower in the motorhome with a family of 5 when on site , I’ve decided to make a homemade pump to get water into the motorhome . It’s fine when we are on a fully serviced pitch and have a tap but when I have to make 20 trips with a watering can to fill the tank back up ,it’s a right pain .Never used an aqua roll before so I am hoping this homemade £10 contraption will do the trick . In theory I View attachment 433941should be able to pretty much refill the tank with 2 trips to the water point .
I thought 95% did

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Used to do similar on our last van as it had a poxy little 100 Lt water tank so used to carry 2 x 20 Lt full containers in the garage and pump it over when needed.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
I use something like your pump. Also I have a Heos filler cap on the tank, which has a Hozelok-type fitting on it. With a Hozelock fitting on the hose end, I can just clip the pipe on, no need to hold it, no chance of it falling out. Also useful if filling from a tap using a hose.

OP
OP
Swifter

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
I use something like your pump. Also I have a Heos filler cap on the tank, which has a Hozelok-type fitting on it. With a Hozelock fitting on the hose end, I can just clip the pipe on, no need to hold it, no chance of it falling out. Also useful if filling from a tap using a hose.
yes I have the Heos cap . I hadn’t thought of using that 👍🏻

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We use a Colapz 35L bag & pump which is rechargeable via USB but have just ordered the latest slim version that will fit in containers too. Older version in use - the other end has a Hozelock connector attached fitting to our HEOSwater:

1602880459392.png

New version (was on offer at £35 delivered with carry case)

1602880764733.png

Vic. Parsons.

Free Member
Mar 2, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymermobil S740
Exp
since 2014
I just carry enough hoses to reach a tap 75m away, I use collapsible hoses which are light and pack away small, way smaller and lighter than an Aquaroll etc.
I'm thinking of getting another hose so I can do 100m if needed. 😁

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Since we are still using the shower in the motorhome with a family of 5 when on site , I’ve decided to make a homemade pump to get water into the motorhome . It’s fine when we are on a fully serviced pitch and have a tap but when I have to make 20 trips with a watering can to fill the tank back up ,it’s a right pain .Never used an aqua roll before so I am hoping this homemade £10 contraption will do the trick . In theory I View attachment 433941should be able to pretty much refill the tank with 2 trips to the water point .
Yeah got one just the same, carry four twenty ltr drums of water under the seats, but only use them if we are way out somewhere for more than three days.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We get away with using a watering can, bit of work for a family of five though!

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Had exactly that setup for an inboard tank years ago on the caravan. There was even a little 2 pin power plug next to the inlet. You may find that the weight of the pump is not enough to pull the coiled plastic straight to the bottom of the tank. I overcame that by using a rigid bit of pipe the depth of the aqueroll and threading the feed pipe through that to force the pump to the bottom.
Ps. Dont forget to take a wheeled grey waste container with you as well to wheel all that used water away.

OP
OP
Swifter

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
We are lucky we've got an engine wheels and a hosepipe.
I think you might be missing the point here . We do use the motorhome service point when we arrive onsite . I don’t think it’s really polite to be driving around to refill water late at night if we run out before bed . That’s why I have made a solution for the aqua roll 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I think you might be missing the point here . We do use the motorhome service point when we arrive onsite . I don’t think it’s really polite to be driving around to refill water late at night if we run out before bed . That’s why I have made a solution for the aqua roll 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
We never have run out at bedtime!. We never stay on a site long enough usually to need to refill but there are only 2 of us and a 130l tank our maximum stay is 3 nights but more often one or two. As someone suggested someone would say it I will! If you park in one place on site for a long time usually why not have a caravan?

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Don't say I did not warn you.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

OP
OP
Swifter

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
We never have run out at bedtime!. We never stay on a site long enough usually to need to refill but there are only 2 of us and a 130l tank our maximum stay is 3 nights but more often one or two. As someone suggested someone would say it I will! If you park in one place on site for a long time usually why not have a caravan?
90L tank x5 people . Doesn’t last very long at all. I think it’s the correct solution for our situation.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
90L tank x5 people . Doesn’t last very long at all. I think it’s the correct solution for our situation.
Its each to their own. Having been a tugger in the past the whole idea of the traipsing around with water containers fiddling with an awning pratting around fencing off a bit of grass with a windbreak stuff just don't appeal but we are all different. I seem to recall if the kids are squabbling it's quite nice taking the water container for a walk!

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Its each to their own.
Absolutely wino.
We are devout Aquarollers. 85% of our moho'ing is at THS's or cl/cs's where as anybody who does same knows the water tap is usually some way from pitches. Nethy Bridge perfect example. Tap is across playing fields and football pitch at side of community hall.
Unlike some once we are pitched..even for ten days we don't move. Never seen advantage of driving around site all the way to fill up.
How many have arrived at a site after long day out only to find a Q at moho service point.
Nope... not for us BUT maybe for you.🧐🧐

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

Send the kids with the watering can - they use the shower as well.

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
You'll always find nae sayers and they'll always be right. Must say I like the Colapz Bag. Might invest in one. The anti Aqua Roll brigade probably don't have a trolley for their toilet either.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back