Free Member
Jun 26, 2017
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 718eb
Exp
7years
Hi I have just bought a 2014 chausson flash 718eb, it has 2 aerial sockets which
have wired cables at back of them,
I have traced wires back and they seem to go into the control panel mounting box
Just wondered if these are just loose cables ,I am a little hesitant to pull on the cables
To get them out, and reluctant to remove control panel
I want to connect these leads for an outside aerial
Any advice would be appreciated

OP
OP
E

Elephant

Free Member
Jun 26, 2017
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 718eb
Exp
7years
OK I can answer my own question, the ends of the aerial leads can be found in the
Casing that the controls are fitted to, they run behind the boxed in section in the back top
Of wardrobe and enter the control panel housing,These are just loose leads
You have to remove the front of the boxed in section in wardrobe to see cables(white)
Then remove a couple of screws which hold the control panel housing,
Ease it forward to see behind, look for 2 white cables.
Gently pull cables back into wardrobe, one is the cable to rear bedroom tv socket the
Other to socket by TV. Once cables are through
You can feed cables though a slot at rear of boxed in section into wardrobe then refit
Front of this box section.
Cables are then ready for attachment to aerial. And both aerial sockets
Will work
Hope my reply to myself helps someone out there
Seems a daft idea to terminate these flying leads in
Control panel housing no good to anybody there

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
We had an external tv/sat point fitted on our 718 EB by the dealer which works fine. It looks like they took the feed from the rear of where the tv slide out from. Out of interest the 12v point next to the tv point in the bedroom only works when the lights are switched on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
If it's like mine it comes wired internally for the TV. .
It requires an aerial fitting and a the Co axe running from that to the aerial socket..
On the chaussons none of the 12v sockets work unless control panel i's on and the light switch as well... but mine only had sockets in the TV area and cupboard beside it... ahh forgot one in garage as well but it's the same light switch on panel must be on to get power to any of them...

Andy.

OP
OP
E

Elephant

Free Member
Jun 26, 2017
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 718eb
Exp
7years
OK thanks for the note on bedroom 12v supply, I may use this socket when filling with fresh water
Out of my water carrier if no motorhome filling point available on some sites, so useful to know
With regards to TV aerial they may have just cut into your cable and joined there thus not needing to pull
Cables through from control panel.I was unsure if cables were attached to something in control panel
Before I cut them , thanks for your interest. Are you pleased with your 718?

OP
OP
E

Elephant

Free Member
Jun 26, 2017
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 718eb
Exp
7years
Thanks for your replies,
I have some useful information regarding the assembly of the bed in the dinner
Which you may find of interest, I had trouble getting this bed together at first
lowering the table was difficult. I now have fitted a loose rope to the puller
On the table ,also do not have to remove cushions when lowering table and can do it from inside
Dining area not the cab side, also did not like the overhang of the cushion with only part support
Have made a fold away support stool that fits under this unsupported part of cushion
Just thought it may be of interest to you

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
Yes I would be very interested in any information on the assembly of the bed in the diner please. Very happy with the 718 so far, I think they are well ahead of a lot of the competition for the price. Ours came with the VIP pack and the winter pack + the upgrade to the 150 engine. It's a great package and has been a pleasure to own and use.

OP
OP
E

Elephant

Free Member
Jun 26, 2017
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 718eb
Exp
7years
Ok Christoph, we watched video on u tube which showed how diner bed was put together,
This video said remove all cushions, this is hard work, we leave all cushions on, move table
Into position over the wooden supports at end of seats, then lower table to first lowered
Position, with a cord loosely attached to the lowering lever on the table you can pull it from the
Diner side,,not the cab side and lower to rest on supports at edge of seats. You then pull out the
Existing support under seat by van window we leave all seat base cushions and back rest
Cushions in place, we then fit a fold away support stool which ledges on side side seat support
Ledge, you then just place the back cushion from the side seat on this, this support stops this cushion
From tipping when you sit on it, the only other cushion we fit is a rectangular one which was supplied
With the van ,it was in the garage when we got it . this fits in front of the seat facing front . I will try to upload images of the One legged stool if you need anymore help let me know its not hard to make this stool
I made, The above instructions may seem long winded, but its is fast in practice

Attachments

• IMG_20170622_202842.jpg
    IMG_20170622_202842.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20170622_202805.jpg
    IMG_20170622_202805.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 25

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks for the information - really useful. If you do have any pics at all that would be great. Thanks

TerriSpirit

Free Member
Aug 10, 2017
Chelmsford. Essex
Funster No
Can I join your little "718eb club" guys? Sounds like you have both discovered things that may be interesting to us. We only got ours yesterday so still taking note of everything people are saying about theirs. Ours is a 2014 718EB Welcome. Thank you in anticipation. :sneaky: Have you joined the Facebook Chausson group too? They are a great bunch of people and have Chausson meet ups too :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back