Chausson 718XLB led strip light replacement help please (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Hi on entering the habitation door right in front of me is a Led vertical strip light about 4 foot tall on the end of the Dinet bench seat , has anyone replaced this lamp as it is trapped behind the vertical Perspex lens , if you have could you advise me how to replace the Led strip light. it looks like a nightmare.

Tony A.

Oct 25, 2014
N.E . Scotland
Funster No
MH
Chausson 717 GA
Exp
Since 2015
I think this is led tape rather than a lamp , which I think is stuck on with self adhesive tape to the perspex

OP
OP
T
May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Hi TG1903 ,yes it is a stick on Led and it is behind the vertical Perspex , trouble is when I looked at dismantling it looks complicated unless the perplex is stuck on ,I'm a bit scared if I pull on it the Perspex will break, thanks for comments if you actually know how to remove Perspex that would be a great help as I have the length of led lights.

Tony A

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 25, 2014
N.E . Scotland
Funster No
MH
Chausson 717 GA
Exp
Since 2015
By looking at it there is screws which hold the plastic curved bit on at the top behind head rest and also under the seat cushions beside the water tank, I wld presume this would take it off and allow you to replace the Led Tape , which looks like it's stuck on with self adhesive tape , as mine was coming apart after 37 degrees temps in the van in Germany, I just used a Stick like s**t to re attach it

OP
OP
T
May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
By looking at it there is screws which hold the plastic curved bit on at the top behind head rest and also under the seat cushions beside the water tank, I wld presume this would take it off and allow you to replace the Led Tape , which looks like it's stuck on with self adhesive tape , as mine was coming apart after 37 degrees temps in the van in Germany, I just used a Stick like s**t to re attach it

When you say it's coming away in the heat ,do you mean the vertical Perspex ? sorry along while coming back thanks

Tony A.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 25, 2014
N.E . Scotland
Funster No
MH
Chausson 717 GA
Exp
Since 2015
Yes , it looked like the adhesive had got soft and started to detach from the seat , re attached with adhesive and it's been fine

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back