Chatsworth House Satellite Reception (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Hello funsters

Has anyone visited the CC Chatsworth site and had any issues with getting a satellite signal?

After spending half an hour with my satellite dish drilling for oil on the roof and not getting diddly squat, then moving pitches and repeating the process, ive opted for buying a coax cable from the site shop and plugging into the bollard. At least we've got some TV viewing now.
Just wondering if it's the pitch or if it's my caro (was ok at Whitby a couple of weeks back)?

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Hi GAVLAD just looked on Google streetveiw and there doesn't appear to be any reason not to get satellite.
Had a problem with mine KVH Dome finding satellites recently but the workaround is to tune your tv to BBC (any) then switch your dish on,when you get a picture switch off satellite and operate tv as normal receiving all the usual channels.
HTH (y)

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Hi Red Dragon

Thanks for this - I will give this a try.
Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Could it have anything to do with the recent changes on ASTRA?
I had a similar problem and contacted Jacksons where I had the dish supplied and fitted.....this is the email I got back from them.....

April 15th 2015 saw some unannounced transponder frequency changes on Astra 2. Some Oyster Vision models used these to lock to Astra 2, the result is that some Vision models will not now lock to Astra 2 . These changes have already, or will soon affect other makes in the future

There is no fault with your Oyster!!

Follow the instructions below

Do not make any other adjustments or damage can occur and we will not accept any liability, so if you are unsure, do not proceed, and send us the “black box” instead as below.

Only certain models of units can be done by the consumer depending on the age of the software installed,others will need to have new software downloaded by computer. This will depend on the software version you have on your Oyster.

If the sequence of adjustments do not happen exactly as listed here then you have older software on your unit, and it will need a computer update, in which case proceed as follows.

Locate the "black box" (actually off white) the hide away unit with all the connections from the dish going to it. Remove it and post it to us with a blank payee cheque for £45 ( £10 return postage and £35 for the update ) and we will update it here by computer and send it back. When you get it back simply plug it back in and all should be well. Don’t forget to put your name and address with it and state if it is an Oyster (round dish on roof ) or a Caro ( square dish on roof ) post to Robert Jackson, 12 Denby Lane, Grange Moor, Wakefield, West Yorkshire . WF4 4ED .

Regards Robert Jackson

PS if any friends or relatives are having the same issues with their Oysters , please ask them to email me at rpjackson@tiscali.co.uk please do not copy these instructions in this way I will have an email return address for them to help and advise if any issues arise in the future.

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
Hi. I was there recently and originally parked by the toilet block. Couldn't get a signal no matter what I tried. This was due to all the trees etc blocking the path. I moved to the first row on the left as you come in and got a signal no problem at all.

I would think it's more to do with trees blocking your signal than your dish itself

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Just had another thought.........if you have the option of switching satellites try switching to Astra 1 and see if that locks on, if it does then you should have a clear view and be able to lock on to Astra 2, unless it is the previously reported software issue........worth a try.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back