Changing 12v + aerial socket to 12v+aerial+sat (1 Viewer)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
HI, i want to change a 12v + aerial socket to one with an additional satellite connection. I realise the easiest way is just to add an additional sat connection in a separate socket, but i want it to look 'factory'. The moho is a Bailey Advance 754, Autograph.

Has anyone done this or changed other sockets? If so can you point me to the brand of sockets used by Bailey ? The sockets are black gloss facias. I know i could contact Bailey, but wanted to buy them direct and perhaps save myself some money !

I want to be able to move the tv from the over the bed on the fridge wall to on top the small cupboard near the hab door as and when needed. I can leave the stand on the tv whilst it slides into the wall mount (i have tried and it works ok) - so i am looking to create two sat feeds to the tv. i have a twin lnb so i will just use one feed to each tv point.

Thanks in anticipation

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We’ve got something like this in our van.
F515AFE8-6B67-46F6-AC52-97F860DB3208.jpeg

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
We’ve got something like this in our van.
View attachment 371106

i have been looking at them on ebay, but the sockets i currently have are gloss black, so i wanted to match them up with the existing ones (as one is next to a 240v socket, so want to match it)

but many thanks for the response !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
i have been looking at them on ebay, but the sockets i currently have are gloss black, so i wanted to match them up with the existing ones (as one is next to a 240v socket, so want to match it)

but many thanks for the response !

im sure the bailey one is just a c-line socket with an oversized posh gloss black surround
have you took your socket apart to see what fittings it has?

May 14, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
Caravan owner moved on to Motorhome
I'd have a word with Prima Leisure,who do Bailey parts,if this is like your 240v socket

Prima Leisure.. wouldn't touch 'em with a barge pole.. way way too expensive. I think its a C Line. I replaced one in my 794 as the RF socket broke.

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Prima Leisure.. wouldn't touch 'em with a barge pole.. way way too expensive. I think its a C Line. I replaced one in my 794 as the RF socket broke.
Prima leisure is Bailey ,I agree they are expensive on some items but very good in terms of replacement parts .

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
I'd have a word with Prima Leisure,who do Bailey parts,if this is like your 240v socket

thats exactly the style of socket that i have !!

i currently have this socket and it doesnt look as though they sell it with a sat tv connection aswell. They sell the c line type but that wont match what i have and as one of the tv sockets is in a group of 3 adjacent to each other, a c line would look out of place. unless i take the thing apart and it turns out to be a c line insert inside a black gloss fascia? looks like ANOTHER job for lockdown lol

20200404_103609.jpg

I may end up drilling a hole in the existing socket and just fitting a sky coupler to connect on to. as was pointed out, they are a tad expensive !!

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
thats exactly the style of socket that i have !!

i currently have this socket and it doesnt look as though they sell it with a sat tv connection aswell. They sell the c line type but that wont match what i have and as one of the tv sockets is in a group of 3 adjacent to each other, a c line would look out of place. unless i take the thing apart and it turns out to be a c line insert inside a black gloss fascia? looks like ANOTHER job for lockdown lol

View attachment 374793

I may end up drilling a hole in the existing socket and just fitting a sky coupler to connect on to. as was pointed out, they are a tad expensive !!
By the looks of this the insert is a c-line fitting. And if so it looks like this one will fit instead (y) £9.69 including free delivery.

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
By the looks of this the insert is a c-line fitting. And if so it looks like this one will fit instead (y) £9.69 including free delivery.

2 ordered !! anyone need just a 12v and aerial c-line fitting?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I was going to say, the gloss black is just a surround round a C line fitting. Pretty much been standard fit for many manufacturers for years alongside berker with the round style fittings

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back