Census 2021 - Fun fun fun!!! (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2020
Frome, Somerset, UK
Funster No
MH
N&B Arto 69GL (LHD)
Exp
Since 2005
Just completed my Census and what a fun-filled and enthralling 30 minutes I had filling it all ino_O. I wonder what they will now do with all of this information?? Factual and/or conspiracy theorists :rolleyes: may wish to respond!

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
The men with white coats and butterfly nets are about 30 minutes away. 😱

Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
It is actually quite useful both nationally and locally as a indicator of population density in a given area so as to be able to make decisions about providing bus services, schools etc

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
It is actually quite useful both nationally and locally as a indicator of population density in a given area so as to be able to make decisions about providing bus services, schools etc
It is absolutely essential. A huge number of services and allocation of resources depend on the census to be able to target areas in need

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
It is absolutely essential. A huge number of services and allocation of resources depend on the census
I want to do it but try as i might the process is trying to defeat me. Last chance saloon is a web chat between 4.00pm and 8.00pm this evening.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I want to do it but try as i might the process is trying to defeat me. Last chance saloon is a web chat between 4.00pm and 8.00pm this evening.
There is a load of help available from various sources - plus you have plenty of time to actually do it. Nobody will be hammering your down down to arrest you at 2am. There is a process to address eventualities such as this

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
If it’s so important and it gives them so much information etc, how come they cannot ever get the illegal immigrants and how can they have not known who was here for the wind rush saga. May be they don’t take much notice of it or there is more in the country than on the census.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
There is a load of help available from various sources - plus you have plenty of time to actually do it. Nobody will be hammering your down down to arrest you at 2am. There is a process to address eventualities such as this
Fingers crossed. The website just says phone if you live in a motorhome but I've spent around 3 hours in total on hold on the phone over the past few days so given up for now.

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
Just done online, very easy, much better than trying to fill out the paper one. Use the code given to you on the questionnaire, input that unique to you, there are several sections to complete. Then ask for confirmation, takes about 20 mins for us two.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Fingers crossed. The website just says phone if you live in a motorhome but I've spent around 3 hours in total on hold on the phone over the past few days so given up for now.
Full time motorhomers are addressed in the system but don’t worry about it for now. Wait for the rush to die down and leave it a week or so,

Dec 5, 2017
York, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Almost approaching average
It’s all about the “super output areas” - look it up. Used to use this data all the time. Basically to work out what is needed where and how things evolve and change. About facts rather than perception and the results are key to allocation of all sorts of funding and resources.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Done ours online ,did find it a bit sensitive if you passed / hover over any answer it put a black dot in the wrong place , but, you can go back previous pages and check, otherwise it took me longer than 10 minutes it suggested

Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
As an aside I do know that there is ongoing research to change the way it is done next time.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Did ours online, what a palaver we had to add darling daughter who is at the High Commission in Bangladesh. There was no category for overseas Government worker and she is registered at home for voting and the NHS so in the end I did it as though she was Armed Forces. The help line wasn’t any help! I take these things seriously and if they really do use them for planning resourses I didn’t want her to be missing.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I didn’t want to do it online, so much fiddling so requested paper form, started to complete it and its only for 5 people and there are six in my household and I can’t be bothered to wait for an extension sheet so Daughter will do it for me
:party2:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
As an aside I do know that there is ongoing research to change the way it is done next time.
Yes, this is the first fully digital census - with paper options of course. Next one will be different, that is for sure

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
An interesting exercise, but I wonder how many illegals fill it in. How many dodgy landlords ’ discourage‘their tenants to complete. As to planning school capacity has no one suggested HMG have a chat with the local registrar of births and look what happened locally five years ago. As to transport planning dust down the road plans of the past ten years, they won’t have been built so start with them and worry about the future when you’ve dealt with the past.

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
Just done online, very easy, much better than trying to fill out the paper one. Use the code given to you on the questionnaire, input that unique to you, there are several sections to complete. Then ask for confirmation, takes about 20 mins for us two.
I liked the census asking how many in household , so just two , is that both of you, is there anyone else, or just the two named, and so ....
:LOL:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
For accuracy the Census should be amendable as I’m BLT today but think I might be gender non specific or queer next week . ::bigsmile:

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
I liked the census asking how many in household , so just two , is that both of you, is there anyone else, or just the two named, and so ....
:LOL:
Yes, like you may have forgotten the other people who live with you!

I struggled with the question about staying at a different address for more than 30 days a year. Yes, we are (in normal times) away far more than 30 days a year but don't have an address during that time. So I said no.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
As to planning school capacity has no one suggested HMG have a chat with the local registrar of births and look what happened locally five years ago. As to transport planning dust down the road plans of the past ten years, they won’t have been built so start with them and worry about the future when you’ve dealt with the past
Where do you think that they got all that information from?? The last census is a big part, but ONS draw information from other sources as well and continuously do so

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Yes, like you may have forgotten the other people who live with you!

I struggled with the question about staying at a different address for more than 30 days a year. Yes, we are (in normal times) away far more than 30 days a year but don't have an address during that time. So I said no.
are you at another, single address for 30days? Like a single pitch you stay at for Summer sun. 🤔
Being away for 30 days at lots of different addresses (like campsites) is not what the question was asking. 👍🏻😜

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back