Carthago C Line versus C tourer. (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Whats the difference?

Not interested in personal opinions about whats best, only what the difference is?

Bit of decor is all i can see atm.. but what about build? Construction etc.

Cant find any real info on a search or the carthago website thats difinitive.

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
If you are talking about new, then C Line has more choice of upholstery and also the option of the Skydream(?) roof if you don't want a drop down bed. That's a double large Heki skylight at the front. We have the C-Tourer I150 QB on a Fiat base and are more than happy with it. To get to a C line would have been another £25k at the time (2021 price), probably more now. Our friends bought a C Line at about the same time and it has fancier internals. Dimmable lights for example. I'm sure others on here will expand the differences. I would say build quality is similar.

Upvote 0
Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
If you are talking about new, then C Line has more choice of upholstery and also the option of the Skydream(?) roof if you don't want a drop down bed. That's a double large Heki skylight at the front. We have the C-Tourer I150 QB on a Fiat base and are more than happy with it. To get to a C line would have been another £25k at the time (2021 price), probably more now. Our friends bought a C Line at about the same time and it has fancier internals. Dimmable lights for example. I'm sure others on here will expand the differences. I would say build quality is similar.
Christ it must have some mega fancy upgrades and fittings to cost an extra £25000

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
We have a 149LE 2019 C-Tourer and a mate has a 2019 C-Line Superior. We both bought new in 2019.
His van has these extras on vs ours, both are 7.5m Fiat based with 150 engines and comfortmatic boxes.
Corian worktops in the kitchen and bathroom, pull down coffee machine, (ours had one in a top cupboard which was useless). Slide out racking by the fridge for jars etc (robs bathroom space). A better kitchen tap that "pulls out" to rinse the sink, salad etc. More fresh water capacity, 25L I think. Higher spec CBE panel that gives more detailed information on water level (our fresh water goes down in 25% chunks) & has a shunt fitted for battery monitoring.
Maybe a porcelain toilet insert but not 100%, a double bathroom door so rear compartment can be closed off and toilet door still closed. A different shower head with a trigger.
Another set of shelves under the upper cupboards in the cab area, he has Alde but is an option on C-Tourer as well.
Maybe some other stuff I have forgotten about but critically we have something he doesn't....... more payload. From memory he has about 150 -200kg less than us which was enough of a difference for him that he had to get it up plated so legal with a scooter In the garage. That was without using the extra 25kg water capacity and just for clarity we both have Gaslow, E&P levelling & auto Sat dishes, and the weights were done before we both went to Lithium. Main difference between the vans is his doesn't have a front bed so has lockers all the way around the front, however his weight issue was on the rear axle, not the overall or front.
His was £30k more than ours at the time and that was in the good old days when they used to discount.
Would we have paid the extra £30k.... maybe...but then again £30k buys a lot of fuel and sites.

Upvote 0
Jun 22, 2011
Onchan, Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Nov 2010 after 25 yrs under canvas.
There’s nothing poor about uncle lennys latest investment👌🏼👍👍
I am after buying one. Got it last Friday. Spent a day in France now back at the tunnel going back to the dealer as the electrics in the hab keep completely dying. Something terribly wrong with the lithium setup.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Is one on a std Fiat chassis and the other on Alko Lenny should know he’s getting one eventually he said 👍
Carthago only build on the Al-Ko and Iveco chassis, the Merc versions are FWD with Al-Ko chassis.
Pre about 2016 they built on the Fiat chassis with the Al-Ko as an option.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I am after buying one. Got it last Friday. Spent a day in France now back at the tunnel going back to the dealer as the electrics in the hab keep completely dying. Something terribly wrong with the lithium setup.
I would expect the price they charge for Lithium it would be gold plated, makes me feel smug ill be fitting my own. 😊

Upvote 0
Jun 22, 2011
Onchan, Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Nov 2010 after 25 yrs under canvas.
Update on the electric issue. The dealer used an app which shows the state of the battery. We were not told about this at handover. After a drive from the North of France to Doncaster the battery was only 35%. No wonder everything died. After driving back to France it was 65%. Once on hookup quite quickly got to 100%

Apparently Carthago do not deliver with a fully charged battery.

Moral is. Charge up straight away. Get the app for the battery.

Upvote 0
Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
Update on the electric issue. The dealer used an app which shows the state of the battery. We were not told about this at handover. After a drive from the North of France to Doncaster the battery was only 35%. No wonder everything died. After driving back to France it was 65%. Once on hookup quite quickly got to 100%

Apparently Carthago do not deliver with a fully charged battery.

Moral is. Charge up straight away. Get the app for the battery.
Surely the Alternator would charge the battery from totally flat to 100% from France to Doncaster? Maybe the B2B / split charge isn't working? Knowing the SOC is one thing but it doesn't affect how fast it should charge up whilst driving.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
We have a 149LE 2019 C-Tourer and a mate has a 2019 C-Line Superior. We both bought new in 2019.
His van has these extras on vs ours, both are 7.5m Fiat based with 150 engines and comfortmatic boxes.
Corian worktops in the kitchen and bathroom, pull down coffee machine, (ours had one in a top cupboard which was useless). Slide out racking by the fridge for jars etc (robs bathroom space). A better kitchen tap that "pulls out" to rinse the sink, salad etc. More fresh water capacity, 25L I think. Higher spec CBE panel that gives more detailed information on water level (our fresh water goes down in 25% chunks) & has a shunt fitted for battery monitoring.
Maybe a porcelain toilet insert but not 100%, a double bathroom door so rear compartment can be closed off and toilet door still closed. A different shower head with a trigger.
Another set of shelves under the upper cupboards in the cab area, he has Alde but is an option on C-Tourer as well.
Maybe some other stuff I have forgotten about but critically we have something he doesn't....... more payload. From memory he has about 150 -200kg less than us which was enough of a difference for him that he had to get it up plated so legal with a scooter In the garage. That was without using the extra 25kg water capacity and just for clarity we both have Gaslow, E&P levelling & auto Sat dishes, and the weights were done before we both went to Lithium. Main difference between the vans is his doesn't have a front bed so has lockers all the way around the front, however his weight issue was on the rear axle, not the overall or front.
His was £30k more than ours at the time and that was in the good old days when they used to discount.
Would we have paid the extra £30k.... maybe...but then again £30k buys a lot of fuel and sites.

Thanks for that, just the info i was looking for.
We have a 2018 148LE Ctourer coachbuilt.

We've had it 6 months now and we absolutely love it. Its been reupholstered, since we bought it, ive added air suspension, self levelling, wifi, truma inet, electrickary with a victon multiplus with all live sockets.
Ours already has the white cupboard and no overcab bed which gives a great extra space.

We are fine for payload at 4250..

But, being we've had it 6 months i started looking around and found a c line QB model on a coach built, i really liked it but struggled to see the difference tbf.

I have loved going back to a coachbuilt after years of a classes.
Im sure we will keep ours as we love it so much but who knows...
I should be band from looking

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back