Feb 24, 2019
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Hi to you all,
This morning after much prompting from Chris Evans on his breakfast show, I’ve ordered our tickets for next years Carfest South.
We will be camping on the Camc site from the Friday. Are there any other Funsters going along?
Im really looking forward to it as it’s going to be a new experience for us, mixing music and cars at one event.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Not for us this time. Booking for Latitude and after that we are away

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
After looking at the ticket price for two people I decided I could nearly do two rounds of the Moto go at Silverstone ?

So gave it a miss

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Spawn_e_git

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
I doubt we will be going next years but we did go this year and stayed on the CMHC popup site.

The weather was amazing and there is a lot to do but we left on the Sunday morning as we felt we had seen everything and we went on our way home from a 3 week tour around Europe so we wanted an extra day at home before going back to work.

We got entry to the site on the Thursday evening and it was written in the small print that the gates close at 8pm and we got there just after and they did let us on. Those that arrived afterwards were made to park up field in an area and moved down in the morning. The site staff said it was so there was not vehicles moving around in the dark. Made sense I suppose.

The site in on a big slope so make sure you have good levelling blocks. We had Quatro blocks and still could not get it level.

Generators.... There are generators there to provide the EHU and lighting. If you are not a heavy sleeper, make sure you are well away from these as they make a lot of noise 24/7. We were 25m from one and had to move in the morning.

The grass will be very long and "stalky", keep that in mind with choce of footware and make sure you have a ground sheet for your awning. We had stalks coming thorugh out breathable ground sheet, we did not risk putting the awning up as it has a sewn in ground sheet and did not want to risk it getting punctured.

Not many toilets, nowhere near enough and they were standard Plastic festival toilets, cleaned regulary but still a plastic box.

No specific bins to put rubbish, in the end they just had Herris fenced areas where you chucked the bin bags in. In the weather it was not pleasant and animals ripping the bags did not help.

It is a 15-20 minute walk away from the entrance to the festival and it's up hill.

Sorry if I paint a bad picture of the camp site but basically it was a lot of money to park in a field, on a hill with faciltiies that are nothing like you are used to at CAMHC sites.

The festival was really good, the music is a bit low budget but everyone gets into it and the DJ's were pretty good as well.

Bars are plentiful (make sure you have a rigid recylable plastic cup) and usual festival prices.

Car show is good, some really impressive motors there.

Food is varied and some great options.

Lots of toilets inside the festival and Mrs Spawn never complainted about them.

Hope you enjoy your time there, just be prepared for the campsite to be a field and DO NOT FOLLOW SATNAV.

It is sign posted but there was another campsite that has a very similar sign (tangerine vs Yellow IIRC).

Make sure you follow the correct signs otherwise you have a massive detour through the lanes.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Just priced up Latitude (Henman Park Suffolk)for 16th July 2020.
To save anyone else the bother, here are the prices for 2 Adults
Show Entry £405
7+ Metre MH £80 (separate camping Field)
Plus Admin Fees £15
Weekend Total £520.00
Bargain eh?:eek:
PS: Carfest South £583.00 inc"Big Early" (arrive day earlier)
2 Adults Show & MH Camping with CMC (15 min walk as mentioned)
Les

Last edited:
OP
OP
Doozer

Doozer

Free Member
Feb 24, 2019
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
I doubt we will be going next years but we did go this year and stayed on the CMHC popup site.

The weather was amazing and there is a lot to do but we left on the Sunday morning as we felt we had seen everything and we went on our way home from a 3 week tour around Europe so we wanted an extra day at home before going back to work.

We got entry to the site on the Thursday evening and it was written in the small print that the gates close at 8pm and we got there just after and they did let us on. Those that arrived afterwards were made to park up field in an area and moved down in the morning. The site staff said it was so there was not vehicles moving around in the dark. Made sense I suppose.

The site in on a big slope so make sure you have good levelling blocks. We had Quatro blocks and still could not get it level.

Generators.... There are generators there to provide the EHU and lighting. If you are not a heavy sleeper, make sure you are well away from these as they make a lot of noise 24/7. We were 25m from one and had to move in the morning.

The grass will be very long and "stalky", keep that in mind with choce of footware and make sure you have a ground sheet for your awning. We had stalks coming thorugh out breathable ground sheet, we did not risk putting the awning up as it has a sewn in ground sheet and did not want to risk it getting punctured.

Not many toilets, nowhere near enough and they were standard Plastic festival toilets, cleaned regulary but still a plastic box.

No specific bins to put rubbish, in the end they just had Herris fenced areas where you chucked the bin bags in. In the weather it was not pleasant and animals ripping the bags did not help.

It is a 15-20 minute walk away from the entrance to the festival and it's up hill.

Sorry if I paint a bad picture of the camp site but basically it was a lot of money to park in a field, on a hill with faciltiies that are nothing like you are used to at CAMHC sites.

The festival was really good, the music is a bit low budget but everyone gets into it and the DJ's were pretty good as well.

Bars are plentiful (make sure you have a rigid recylable plastic cup) and usual festival prices.

Car show is good, some really impressive motors there.

Food is varied and some great options.

Lots of toilets inside the festival and Mrs Spawn never complainted about them.

Hope you enjoy your time there, just be prepared for the campsite to be a field and DO NOT FOLLOW SATNAV.

It is sign posted but there was another campsite that has a very similar sign (tangerine vs Yellow IIRC).

Make sure you follow the correct signs otherwise you have a massive detour through the lanes.

Thanks for your great advice, I’ll make sure the Quattro blocks are on board along with our thick mats and ground sheet! I’m booked for Friday so will have to make sure I’m there early to avoid being too close to a generator, Mrs C wouldn’t be impressed if she had to listen to that all night! I’m mainly going for the car show so not to worried about the music, it’ll be a bonus if there’s anybody there I like;)

Spawn_e_git

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
Just priced up Latitude (Henman Park Suffolk)for 16th July 2020.

Don't want to hijack OP's thread but what is Lattitude like?
We went to Camp Bestival last year and apart from the amount of people off their faces with tiny kids in tow, but this year it is too late in the year and we are booked to Spain.

I have heard of Lattitude but never been.

A couple of questions:

1. Is it little kid friendly
2. Is it easy to smuggle beer in? Bestival you could take what you liked in, saved me ££ to spend elsewhere.
3. What is the camping like?
4. Is there many big acts? The reason I say this is so many festivals now that only seem to have one big name/band there and the rest are not so popular. I know it can be great finding new bands but paying nearly £600 for two adults to see a load of pub bands seems a bit of a rip off.

Thanks.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Don't want to hijack OP's thread but what is Lattitude like?
We went to Camp Bestival last year and apart from the amount of people off their faces with tiny kids in tow, but this year it is too late in the year and we are booked to Spain.

I have heard of Lattitude but never been.

A couple of questions:

1. Is it little kid friendly
2. Is it easy to smuggle beer in? Bestival you could take what you liked in, saved me ££ to spend elsewhere.
3. What is the camping like?
4. Is there many big acts? The reason I say this is so many festivals now that only seem to have one big name/band there and the rest are not so popular. I know it can be great finding new bands but paying nearly £600 for two adults to see a load of pub bands seems a bit of a rip off.

Thanks.
Sorry no Idea, haven't been myself, but ask Jaws, he will know, as he is a very rich man, and will be buying tickets for his family &14 grand kids plus handing out £50 each pocket money to all of them for the show.
He is a great Grand Dad, I am hoping he will adopt me as I am an orphan, dont you know?

Les

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
After looking at the ticket price for two people I decided I could nearly do two rounds of the Moto go at Silverstone ?

So gave it a miss
At those prices you may as well look at your own car and put the radio on Rich ?

Spawn_e_git

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
Thanks for your great advice, I’ll make sure the Quattro blocks are on board along with our thick mats and ground sheet! I’m booked for Friday so will have to make sure I’m there early to avoid being too close to a generator, Mrs C wouldn’t be impressed if she had to listen to that all night! I’m mainly going for the car show so not to worried about the music, it’ll be a bonus if there’s anybody there I like;)

One more thing that spirngs to mind.

There ZERO SHADE in the arena. As I said it was really hot and any bit of shade was taken. A cheap parasol or something else will be a great help if the sun shines (which hopefully it will).

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Sorry no Idea, haven't been myself, but ask Jaws, he will know, as he is a very rich man, and will be buying tickets for his family &14 grand kids plus handing out £50 each pocket money to all of them for the show.
He is a great Grand Dad, I am hoping he will adopt me as I am an orphan, dont you know?

Les
No bloody chance !! What with the camping and tickets just for Woman and myself costing a small fortune they can sort them selves out !

Whats it like. Aint going for the music, but for everything else..Imagine if you will it is 1950 something in America, the heydays of the county fairs
Now bring that up to date.. Parades of people in dress up, wandering jugglers, side shows of all sorts.. And it is BIG ! Even has an on site supermarket ( with supermarket prices not like the little shops you get at motorhome shows )

It is not a cheap weekend but my goodness, it is one hell of an experience !

OP
OP
Doozer

Doozer

Free Member
Feb 24, 2019
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
I’ll have to look into Lattitude for next year, it sounds like another fun weekend, sod the expense we are only here once!;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back