Care needed if planning an EU pet passport (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise stargazer
Exp
since 2013
Our two dogs both have pet passports issued in France 5 years ago. I thought this might prevent us having to go down the AHC route for future trips but having read the guidance carefully I see they have been invalidated due to us getting their rabies boosters done in the UK.

I've seen several threads with people planning to get EU pet passports so thought I'd bring it to people's attention. This wouldn't be an insurmountable problem but might catch some out..

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Our two dogs both have pet passports issued in France 5 years ago. I thought this might prevent us having to go down the AHC route for future trips but having read the guidance carefully I see they have been invalidated due to us getting their rabies boosters done in the UK.

I've seen several threads with people planning to get EU pet passports so thought I'd bring it to people's attention. This wouldn't be an insurmountable problem but might catch some out..
When were the rabies boosters done in the UK? If they were done by 31 Dec 2020 then your French pet passports are still valid, as we were still in the EU at that time.

You are quite right that all future rabies boosters must be given by EU vet. (y)

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
When were the rabies boosters done in the UK? If they were done by 31 Dec 2020 then your French pet passports are still valid, as we were still in the EU at that time.

You are quite right that all future rabies boosters must be given by EU vet. (y)
Does this mean that AHC's aren't valid if the last booster was done in uk?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back