Cardiac arrest while driving camper; saved by teenage daughter (1 Viewer)

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Wow, amazing teenagers! Just shows it’s always worth trying and keeping going with CPR until the medics arrive. My daughter has always been sceptical about defibrillators but I read more and more of them having a successful outcome.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Lucky lucky man and well done all who helped. It is not easy doing CPR on a relative, totaly different feeling to doing it on somene else. so glad it had a good outcome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
I’ve always said CPR should be taught in schools. Something is better than nothing, and although it usually doesn’t work, just occasionally it does, and that one time is worth learning for! A lucky man!

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
As above, whenever I've had training we've been told it's unlikely that it will work. But, it might so it's always worth a shot!

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
Regarding defibrillator and using them. Not easy to get your mind around but just remember with cardiac arrest do nothing they're dead, with CPR and defibrillations there's a chance, however slight it's worth trying. I know.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Perhaps we could all do with a reminder about CPR. I did a course many years ago but would I be any use today?

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Son is a pharmacist and has a defibrillator mounted outside his shop funded by the community. He has held training sessions on CPR and in the use of the machine in his shop at lunch times taken by a consultant surgeon who lives in the village but who works the A & E department at Derriford hospital, Plymouth.

She brought along Resussianne so we could practice CPR. Pressure required is significant and the speed of compressions required is surprising and then you may have to keep that up for a long time before the ambulance arrives. Mouth to mouth seems to be less important than it used to be but to maintain blood being pumped to the brain by the chest compressions. Long ago when I learned it in my youth you were taught to start with a big thump with your fist onto the heart but that is now frowned upon by the professionals as it should only be used by experts in A & E.

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
Apparently the beat to ''staying alive is the correct pace to administer hands only CPR.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back