Caravan Guard Insurance (1 Viewer)

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Hi I had received our renewal from Caravan Guard and it was for £786 fully comp with 270 days Euro travel cover.
Don't need Euro or UK breakdown as this is covered with Fiat for up to 2 years.
New for old on our new van purchased in March. Frankia 105k if stolen or written off.
Excess £600 and based on 5000 miles.
Windscreen cover for full replacement £100 excess.
2 year no claim bonus and two named drivers.
We have a Thatcham alarm and tracker which was a condition .
Rang them to negotiate and they couldn't help and they told me if I shop around to come back with best quote .
Went on go compare and found Barry Grainger £606.
Phoned them I they couldn't offer new for old.
Phoned Caravan Guard and asked if they would match, put on hold for a minute and then they agree £607 including new for old.
This exercise took 3/4 hour and saved us £179.
After we paid it their reason they could reduce it was they looked at the enquiry as a new quote which he called a cloned quote.
The moral of this story is you can allways improve on the quote with the same cover
Steve M

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Insured our Frankia i740Plus with Comfort. New for old (95K), 2nd driver. Conditional on Thatham Cat5 or 6. No breakdown cover as we're now with ADAC - cost was £419.

OP
OP
Gina M
Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
That's a good price will try them next year and it looks like we should have bargained more on the van. Our extras were Awning, solar, dual lens reverse camera, tracking and alarm and blaunkport new York satnav
Problem with us is if we see something and the timing is right and we can afford we buy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back