Caravan and Motorhome Club (1 Viewer)

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
I know I am 76 and a bit challenged with all the complexities of the internet but am I the only one who finds the Caravan and Motorhome website a nightmare?I just can’t get to grips with it.I logged on tonight to check dates of my bookings!It only comes up with a single booking when I have three.A site I booked in 3 weeks time showed the only availability was Sunday to Wednesday night.Then when I had a look tonight Thursday night as available so I booked it but it doesn’t show neither does a site I booked in July.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
I have found this happen to me but if I changed my tablet from landscape to portrait they are then often displayed in full.

checking emails does help , otherwise the live webchat during office opening hours has proved useful for a few of my booking queries,

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
I generally find it ok, but I too thought it had missed off a couple of bookings, only showing the first one. Eventually found it - you have to scroll through, I can’t remember exactly how and currently only have 1 booking so can’t test, I’m afraid.
I do use their app as well, which mostly crashes if you ask it to show bookings.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 7, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLI 580
Exp
Since 2002
I think you’re seeing what puzzled me at first. If you swipe left on the first booking, your other bookings come across the screen. Not very intuitive!

Wikky

Free Member
Aug 6, 2020
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Since 2003
Never had a problem with the website. Once the bookings are confirmed an email is received which has all the details. If signed in to the website there is a button to check the site bookings. They all come up on my mobby and laptop.
I'm just getting to grips with the CCC website.

Jul 26, 2019
Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
McLoius Fusion
Exp
Since 2019
Yes I have had email confirmation but still find the website difficult to navigate! Must be me☹️
It’s not just you. I’ve found same issue when using one device to another with one showing all the bookings but not on the other. I do find using their site a bit awkward to the point of cursing at it 🙄

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
It's a very clunky, cheaply built website.

I try to use the map feature to find sites, I find I have to reload it several times to actually find the sites in the area I want.
I could send them a long list of UX faults, design issues and usability problems.

Having said which, the Camping and Caravanning site is even worse!

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
If you think the CMC site is bad, the CCC web site is twice as bad. Cant even check availability, have to go through most of the booking process for each site you need to check, absolutely useless.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Just tried to check my bookings on an andriod tablet using the c&mc app.
Had to delete the app and reload it. Then it worked fine.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Never had a problem with My Bookings tab on their website using a pc. Wonder if it's just an issue with their mobile app website?:unsure:

Dec 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Never had a problem with it. If you want a real example of how not to build a website check out the C&CC one. As others have said there's no way of checking availability without doing a series of dummy booking - life is too short to bother.

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Tried to book at very short notice Wednesday, only one night showing at both site options. Chatsworth is 8.5 metre max. Website said call sight direct. I did and I got a couple of nights after a no show. Christmas Market on at the House, how lucky was that ?

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Don't know about the C&MC as I can't abide the club and don't belong. However the C&CC web site is really awful. Every time I find a site on there I check it on ukcampsite.co.uk to see what it actually offers as the info given by C&CC is so brief.

Sep 10, 2020
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autograph 69-2
Exp
Moved over to the Dark Side after 16 yrs tugging.
Both websites are rubbish. Seems like the old farts in charge get bamboozled by the nerds running the technology. I reckon the nerds plan the layout on 48 in screens and never look at what they are doing on anything smaller like a tablet. Don't let me go on any more about their UI failures .... What would happen if they got paid based on a customer satisfaction survey?
I can only ever see and make booking on a pc screen due to all the screen scrolling required .. which is possibly why bookings don't show on tablets, its there but not visible on your screen size.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Yes I have had email confirmation but still find the website difficult to navigate! Must be me☹️
It’s not you it is difficult, yes once you master it you can find your way around it but it isn’t user friendly If it was you and many others that find it difficult wouldn’t struggle.
The marketing of the CMC is totally oriented to getting New Members or selling you something you probably all ready have they need to concentrate on filling members needs and the first and foremost need is booking a site.

Deleted User
CAMC isnt great, but its nigh on perfect when compared to CCC's abysmal offering of a website :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back