Free Member
Jan 29, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
im a newbie
:Doh:Hello to you al ,inexperience has made me think about the question between overcab beds or fixed/french beds, i will be living in Portugal and fulltiming ,working when i can find it ,but still can live on a budget without, so,a very simple life i know ,thats what im looking for.
So my question is in the heat of Portugal which if i move to suit it ,i love hot weather...makes me feel happier in my self if you know what i mean,then will the over cab bed feel like sleeping in an oven and very uncomfortable where as the fixed bed would be alot cooler in the heat.
Sorry to go 0on but any experience of this matter i would love to know ,many thaanks Miles:Eeek: and Pebbles

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
No need to apologise! These purchases need to be well thought out.

We can only advise, the rest is up to you, however, my thoughts would be towards a fixed bed to give more air around you - although a drop down would offer similar. It really depends on the size you want - there are some fantastic fixed bed vehicles that are not particularly large in body size, but are excellently laid out and have plenty of space dispite the rear bed.

One I viewed, you could even seperate the bedroom - the tv cupborad opened either end, to allow the tv to be swivelled if you wanted to watch in bed. Excellently thought out van!

others are a metter of compromise. You may have a high bed and small garage, or a low bed and just unlocker - all things to consider when full timing. Ask away, no-one minds!:thumb:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
You won't LEGALLY be able to keep your m/home on the road in Portugal for longer than 6 ?? months------if you move about a bit you should be OK:thumb:
I presume you intend to be there in summer ? if so you would get some relief from the heat if you can retreat to the mountains ( I understand it gets pretty hot)
If you sleep over the cab, you can have a made up bed without losing your valuable floor space !! I think most vans have a decent size vent over the C class cab bed ???
Nigel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back