Free Member
Aug 3, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Since 2018
I will be going to Krakow in the MH next month and we will be joined by my mother in law. I have seen a couple of campsites which seem quite close to Krakow (Smok and Adam). Has anybody stayed on either of them, and could they please tell me how the toilet facilities are and how easy it is to get to the centre from the campsite?
Many thanks.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
I will be going to Krakow in the MH next month and we will be joined by my mother in law. I have seen a couple of campsites which seem quite close to Krakow (Smok and Adam). Has anybody stayed on either of them, and could they please tell me how the toilet facilities are and how easy it is to get to the centre from the campsite?
Many thanks.

I can't answer your questions but we went last year and stayed here:

https://parking-wieliczka.business.site

It is directly opposite the Salt mines main entrance , a five minute walk to the shops and cafes and 100 yds from the bus stop to Krakow centre.( 40 mins)
There is only one toilet/ shower room which is old clean and functionable.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Many thanks.

We did a wee tour of Poland summer 2017 and loved it, I didn't stay at the sites you mentioned instead we stayed at a dealership that allows motorhomes to stay. Its about 5-6 miles from the center with a cycle path about 1/4 mile from the site all the way to town, it also has a bus service which we used to get in one night then a Taxi home as it was after midnight :). The taxi cost about £10 and I'm sure the bus was around £1 although can't really remember, just outside and about 400yards to the right of the site is a lovely Polish restaurant if you go try the mixed grill.

The dealership has water,hook up and waste, it also has a WC if you prefer theirs. The gates close around 8pm and you enter via a gate a further 50 yards up which has a security on 24/7 so all nice and secure, there is a wee village just to the left of the site with small shop and bar although it wasn't open when we went, out the gate and about 1 mile to the right is a larger village with supermarket.

The site is http://www.elcamp.pl/ if I remember correctly you cant book, it does hold a good few vans and the staff are very helpful.

missmollie

Free Member
Jul 30, 2008
Warrington
Funster No
MH
Knaus SUN TI
Exp
since 2006
We staid on Adam at the end of October, the site is fine and an half hour walk into Krakow or you can pick the tram up about 10 minutes away. I also tried to stay on the aire type parking opposite the salt mine but it was closed and it looked as though it had been for a few months, we stayed on the salt mine car park, no services but there is security on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We did a wee tour of Poland summer 2017 and loved it, I didn't stay at the sites you mentioned instead we stayed at a dealership that allows motorhomes to stay. Its about 5-6 miles from the center with a cycle path about 1/4 mile from the site all the way to town, it also has a bus service which we used to get in one night then a Taxi home as it was after midnight :). The taxi cost about £10 and I'm sure the bus was around £1 although can't really remember, just outside and about 400yards to the right of the site is a lovely Polish restaurant if you go try the mixed grill.

The dealership has water,hook up and waste, it also has a WC if you prefer theirs. The gates close around 8pm and you enter via a gate a further 50 yards up which has a security on 24/7 so all nice and secure, there is a wee village just to the left of the site with small shop and bar although it wasn't open when we went, out the gate and about 1 mile to the right is a larger village with supermarket.

The site is http://www.elcamp.pl/ if I remember correctly you cant book, it does hold a good few vans and the staff are very helpful.

We stayed there and then left our van there for 8 nights to go on a trek. We were happy with the security to do so.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
We staid on Adam at the end of October, the site is fine and an half hour walk into Krakow or you can pick the tram up about 10 minutes away. I also tried to stay on the aire type parking opposite the salt mine but it was closed and it looked as though it had been for a few months, we stayed on the salt mine car park, no services but there is security on.

Just to clarify .

The site that I linked to earlier is Trabant Parking. It is opposite the salt mines entrance. There is a trabant parked at the entrance.

It has water dump and electric and in October last year when we were there it was busy.

It is next to an aire/ car park which was closed .

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968

They even managed to fit us in , (down the side , nice and quiet) 10amp ehu as well . As mentioned 24hr security , so we were away all day on scooter without a worry :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back