Campsites and staying on them (1 Viewer)

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Must say never had an issue with single nights on CL's, in fact last one we stayed on was full in the CL designated area but found us a space next to the stables which wasn't as bad as you might think as they were derelict :giggle:
Were you visited by any shepherds during the night ?
🙏

• Funny
Reactions: DBK

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I don’t think anyone is qualified as a real motorhome owner unless they want it for free and everything is a rip off in the Uk.
So true.:rofl: .

My free spot for tonight but we did spend loads of dosh on lunch at a beach bar.

IMG_20211012_114836_copy_1280x960.jpg
IMG20211012134507.jpg

Jul 7, 2021
Alcester, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Symbol
Exp
Since 2009
I know this is not motorhome related but 10 years ago, my wife and I cycled from John O' Groats to Lands End raising £5k for Macmillan. We pre-booked B&Bs along the way but the problem we came up against was the reluctance of B&B establishments to let for 1 night stays.

The worst place was St Ives and we couldn't find a single B&B that would accept our booking.

We did eventually find a pub outside the town that would take us.

The following day (our last) we cycled through the town on our way to Lands End and passed loads of B&Bs that we remembered had refused our booking. Guess what? - they all had 'Vacancies' signs showing. We did laugh!

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
A lady up the road works at b&b place and said that the most trouble or runners is from one night stays, so may be why places don’t like one night stays

Jul 7, 2021
Alcester, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Symbol
Exp
Since 2009
A lady up the road works at b&b place and said that the most trouble or runners is from one night stays, so may be why places don’t like one night stays
I can understand that their expenses are slightly higher having to change the bedding every night but in that case why not charge a small premium for short stays?

OP
OP
vzac
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Had an awful time in the lanes in Cornwall or Devon ( where ever they are). In the space of 10mins we were shouted at by a moron in a very big German car, those cars where rules do not exist, scratched, all down one side of the van, by vegetation, we pulled in ot a passing place as far as we could then someone passing us in something like a yards, managed to take the corner and rear panel clean of the van. Wernt to happy, and it was all over the new yr, when it was supposed to be quiet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I can understand that their expenses are slightly higher having to change the bedding every night but in that case why not charge a small premium for short stays?
No idea, it’s their business so they can run it to suit themselves. If they had to do what people said they might as well let them run the business and work for them and let them have the hassle

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I must admit even the few nights we used Cs / Cl sites on our UK visit, we have to book them because that's where and when we need to use them, luckily we stop on friends and family drives, but it can get quite stressful. 😯🤔

Something you don't need to do in Europe, we are having a holiday long weekend in Spain and it's heaving. 😁
So we planned our general direction
and it was pull into a campsite as we had loads of washing/ bedding needed doing if it's full we try the next one, got on had 3 nights everything including €36, same today got on the free aire at Castello, plan 2 nights here cycled to Orpesa del Mar today had a swim on the way back. 😎

Motorhome Aire

Stress free travelling. 😁 Bob.

Apr 4, 2020
North west Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Use search for sites, just done three weeks up the east coast using the CL network day or two at a time, phoning ahead day or two before. Ok don't always get first choice but loads of sites.

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
We have been booking largely CLs this year - often only a week or two beforehand, including August, without too much trouble at all. But not in high tourist areas.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back