MikeMex

Free Member
Aug 26, 2018
Funster No
MH
Autograph 79-4
Exp
Since 2008
Just stayed at a very nice CAMC site near Cirencester. First time I had seen a sign to close the toilet lid before flushing. Ok, fine, but do lift the lid after flushing and check that the bowl and seat etc are clean and you haven’t left any of your waste to be discovered by the next person using that particular toilet. If the toilet is not clean, then clean it! All the toilet cubicles had toilet brushes.

What is it with some people that they don’t check that they have left the toilet nice and clean, as I’m sure they would like to find it. The toilet cubicle I went in to had poo covering the rear of the bowl. This is just not acceptable, if you make a mess, then dam well clean it up. What are these people’s homes like, I dread to think! I feel so sorry for site staff on their cleaning round, who I’m sure have to put up with this every day.

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
There is another thread critising dog owners for not clearing up their mess!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Just stayed at a very nice CAMC site near Cirencester. First time I had seen a sign to close the toilet lid before flushing. Ok, fine, but do lift the lid after flushing and check that the bowl and seat etc are clean and you haven’t left any of your waste to be discovered by the next person using that particular toilet. If the toilet is not clean, then clean it! All the toilet cubicles had toilet brushes.

What is it with some people that they don’t check that they have left the toilet nice and clean, as I’m sure they would like to find it. The toilet cubicle I went in to had poo covering the rear of the bowl. This is just not acceptable, if you make a mess, then dam well clean it up. What are these people’s homes like, I dread to think! I feel so sorry for site staff on their cleaning round, who I’m sure have to put up with this every day.
Sign in the Toilets at Turner's Farm Campsite, SW Australia:

"Before You Flush, Check to See If It Needs A Brush" :LOL: 'Cos you have spell things out for these Aussies ...

Steve

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Got to start somewhere 😀. Post #2…
Lol. For a popcorn thread starter you could have had tyre pressures, CCC/CAMC, UK/GB stickers or a multitude of others. But toilets is a goodun! (y) :LOL: w2f

As above, Welcome to the Fun

OP
OP
MikeMex

MikeMex

Free Member
Aug 26, 2018
Funster No
MH
Autograph 79-4
Exp
Since 2008
Yay a toilet thread 🚽

Why not use your own? Seems daft to spend all that money on your MH and then not use it to its full capability.
We do, but if you suddenly have the urge to go whilst going for a shower I not about to rush back to the other side of the campsite to use my own. To preempt your next question, yes we also use our own shower but as we all know there is a limit to the amount of hot water available, so to take a longer shower with endless (usually) hot water using on-site facilities which should remain spotlessly clean if everyone does their bit and cleans up after themselves.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

And they don't wash their hands.My better half says its the same in the ladies.Was on a site in France once with only one other brit on it.Toilet was filthy two mornings on the trot until I asked him if he was capable of operating a toilet brush,,surprise surprise,, it was always clean after that.BUSBY.

Jul 24, 2015
Ramsgate Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato c class
Exp
5 years
We use our own whenever possible..
Now I have my granny shopping trolley to wheel the cassette to the dump it's not bother ..

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20210818-162348.jpg
    VideoCapture_20210818-162348.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
OP
OP
MikeMex

MikeMex

Free Member
Aug 26, 2018
Funster No
MH
Autograph 79-4
Exp
Since 2008
He has been sitting on the toilet wondering what to post since he joined nearly 3 years ago.
Haha, Maybe so, but certainly not on the one where some dirty person left their mess all over.

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
My husband witnessed a woman washing a toddlers potty in the dishwashing sink this morning. It was emptied beforehand but even so!! Grim by my standards. I use a mix of onboard and site facilities depending on distance from van, if I have been for a run and need a long shower etc. I am constantly at a loss at the amount of disgusting people out there who are simply just dirty and we race motocross so are used your our fair share of grotty toilets.

Jun 29, 2012
Penrith
Funster No
MH
DIMS van conversion
Exp
since 2010
Just stayed at a very nice CAMC site near Cirencester. First time I had seen a sign to close the toilet lid before flushing.
I suspect that the sign is Covid related.

The virus may be transmitted through faeces. See :- https://cen.acs.org/biological-chemistry/infectious-disease/COVID-19-bathroom/98/i38

So by closing the lid you're reducing the aerosol in the area surrounding the toilet bowl - and thus reducing transmission the other people.

See this too:- https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/h...ets-can-spread-covid-and-what-to-do-about-it/

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I suspect that the sign is Covid related.

The virus may be transmitted through faeces. See :- https://cen.acs.org/biological-chemistry/infectious-disease/COVID-19-bathroom/98/i38

So by closing the lid you're reducing the aerosol in the area surrounding the toilet bowl - and thus reducing transmission the other people.

See this too:- https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/h...ets-can-spread-covid-and-what-to-do-about-it/
Thought is was sensible even at home to close the lid before flushing to stop airborne bacteria..BUSBY.

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
Speaking with some experience, last 11 years on and off working on campsites I can safely say humans are disgusting.
Read this thread last night before heading out to do the 10pm last clean of two blocks and pretty much every toilet left in a way that I'd be embarrassed to leave it that way.

Mens far worse, can only say that it's because at home their poor wives follow behind them and their kids cleaning up after them.

I can happily provide photo evidence each day if required.

Just about to head out for first clean of the day and can guarantee what I'm going to find.

Least I'm not of delicate nature.

Regards, loo cleaner Shawn

Pusscat

Free Member
Jun 16, 2019
Devon UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 320
Exp
Since 2015
Not only at campsites…had a couple of builders doing my elderly parents bathroom refurbishment before they moved into a bungalow. I was also at the house doing decorating etc. Every morning I went in, the loo was left, ‘dark yellow’…or ‘pebble dashed‘ including the rim. Yes, there was a brush by the side, yes the flush worked and yes they were working in the bathroom and it was very small. Grim.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from Cirencester! (y)
(Which site was it…..?:unsure:)

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Speaking with some experience, last 11 years on and off working on campsites I can safely say humans are disgusting.
Read this thread last night before heading out to do the 10pm last clean of two blocks and pretty much every toilet left in a way that I'd be embarrassed to leave it that way.

Mens far worse, can only say that it's because at home their poor wives follow behind them and their kids cleaning up after them.

I can happily provide photo evidence each day if required.

Just about to head out for first clean of the day and can guarantee what I'm going to find.

Least I'm not of delicate nature.

Regards, loo cleaner Shawn
The duchess regularly informs me about the state of women’s toilets in airports and other public places………pee on the floor and gawd knows what else. She says they are worse than the men’s but how she knows that remains a mystery. It usually results in us having a discussion about the anatomical differences between men an women which is as good a way of passing the time in an airport as anything………maybe. :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back