Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Hi All

I am coming back to motorhomes after a long break and intend doing a French tour. I have noticed that, when I am looking at prices lots of them require a booking fee of up to 25 Euro when booking for just a couple of nights.

Can you tell me is this the norm? It just seems to make it VERY expensive.......is it me out of touch in this modern world we all live in, or am I looking at the wrong sites??

Any help for this reborn motorhome couple would be great.

Should have mentioned, the reason for booking is we want to go in late July and early August.

Regards
Bill:Smile:

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I can't understand why anyone would want to book a campsite in France. I have been going there for 30 years and have never felt the need to book. Just turn up.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
we have done both

In the past we have paid a deposit for a longer stay in the South of France... in fact no more.. we turned up to a site we had booked two adjoining pitches and one was taken up already. Could not get them moved.. so what's the point of paying out money months in advance... the site had plenty of room so we had to move to two new pitches.

That happening means we now just go and turn up.. in the past that has always worked for us.. we tend to avoid France in July and August ..

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
in the high season you do need to book.

Might be worth looking at joining the Caravan and Camping Cub. if you are staying at a series of sites and book via their Carefree magazine they just charge you one booking fee. Or if you book the crossing with them there is no booking fee at all.

Alternatively you can call the sites. That's what I have done for our August trip. We have booked into 3 sites for a night each time with no booking fee. It's only if you book on line they lack flexibility.

Good luck:thumb:

malheg

Free Member
May 28, 2008
Coppull (Chorley)
Funster No
MH
Campervan (Alphard)
Exp
12 yrs
Camping France

We have never booked a site in France, always just turned-up.
But have never tried in July/August as this when all of France is on vacacion.

Malc

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back