Campscout cold feed connector come out (1 Viewer)

mickcope

Free Member
Nov 2, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
Help needed - on the bathroom tap (Globecar Campscout) the cold feed under the tap has come out. But I cant get my hand in the tight space to it to push back in as the vanity unit seemed sealed and the tap seems to be glued to the unit. Any thoughts welcome ...

Attachments

• tap.jpg
    tap.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 62
OP
OP
mickcope

mickcope

Free Member
Nov 2, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
No cant John- the hole is really small and it is too high to get any grip . - may have to dismantle the vanity unit to get access . CHeers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I don't know the Camspscout layout but is there any way of removing the sink basin and then accessing it that way.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Looks like a big nut under the worktop. Similar to mine but not on same van.
When I needed to get my tap out I managed to jamb the nut to stop it turning and twisted quarter turn the tap above the worktop just to get it started.

OP
OP
mickcope

mickcope

Free Member
Nov 2, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
I don't know the Camspscout layout but is there any way of removing the sink basin and then accessing it that way.
my competence in this area is minimal to be generous - but my mate who is a bathroom fitter will hopefully be able to tell me

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
my competence in this area is minimal to be generous - but my mate who is a bathroom fitter will hopefully be able to tell me

I've just looked at the SMC web page to check out the sink area Mike. Is there any way you can access the underside of the sink from the external loo housing; i.e. open the hatch, remove the loo and trace the water pipes upwards.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
You have to remove the sliver pin first, the connector won't go in until you do. I think you may have to slacken the tap and do it above the hole rather than in situ.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
There should be a hatch behind the seat back rest cushion that gives a bit better access
Screws will have covers over them
Never noticed a hatch on ours ... I suspect it's a case of removing the tap, reattaching the pipe and then refitting the tap.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The only way to remove the sink it to actually take out the whole vanity top as the sink is sandwiched between 2 pieces of laminate/counter top - I have a brand new one ready to fit in place of our cracked sink and was surprise to get the whole top bit sent to me rather than just the sink!

I've just looked at the SMC web page to check out the sink area Mike. Is there any way you can access the underside of the sink from the external loo housing; i.e. open the hatch, remove the loo and trace the water pipes upwards.
Nope, no access to the sink area, if the tap can't be loosened and lifted up on it's own then the whole vanity top bit will need to be removed.

OP
OP
mickcope

mickcope

Free Member
Nov 2, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
The only way to remove the sink it to actually take out the whole vanity top as the sink is sandwiched between 2 pieces of laminate/counter top - I have a brand new one ready to fit in place of our cracked sink and was surprise to get the whole top bit sent to me rather than just the sink!

Nope, no access to the sink area, if the tap can't be loosened and lifted up on it's own then the whole vanity top bit will need to be removed.

Ah that makes sense. Thanks a lot. Mick

Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
There should be a hatch behind the seat back rest cushion that gives a bit better access

We found that last week after struggling for an hour before hand trying to tighten a connection.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Mick,

I've just received an advisory message from a lovely chap off the MMM Forum who advises the following solution to your problem. This is an exact quote from his PM to me:

2019-05-04 5:50

"I had reason to need access on my Campscout, and there *was* a hatch which could be accessed and removed by removing the upright upholstery of the dinette seat, wherupon it is obvious.

4 peelable screw covers to remove, and then the hatch. Absolutely designed to give the access the poster's problem.

You might like to post to this effect on Fun for me.

"

OP
OP
mickcope

mickcope

Free Member
Nov 2, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
Mick,

I've just received an advisory message from a lovely chap off the MMM Forum who advises the following solution to your problem. This is an exact quote from his PM to me:

2019-05-04 5:50

"I had reason to need access on my Campscout, and there *was* a hatch which could be accessed and removed by removing the upright upholstery of the dinette seat, wherupon it is obvious.

4 peelable screw covers to remove, and then the hatch. Absolutely designed to give the access the poster's problem.

You might like to post to this effect on Fun for me.

"
thanks for that. - but I can't see it will look again
ta

Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
There is definitely a hatch on ours:D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I'll have to have another look at ours and see if I can find a 'hatch' ... got me intrigued now! :D

OP
OP
mickcope

mickcope

Free Member
Nov 2, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
There is definitely a hatch on ours:D

yea found it. ,,, got the hose in (THANKS ALL). still some leaking- but I think it may be missing a rubber seal
I'll have to have another look at ours and see if I can find a 'hatch' ... got me intrigued now! :D

Its there. I was being stupid (as the wife helpfully pointed out

Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC

Got it on my 2018 Campscout ! It's well hidden and the headrests need to come off so that the loose cover can raise up high enough but there it is (y).

Well done @Garfields … another helpful bit of info from this forum :D

OP
OP
mickcope

mickcope

Free Member
Nov 2, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
Got it on my 2018 Campscout ! It's well hidden and the headrests need to come off so that the loose cover can raise up high enough but there it is (y).

Well done @Garfields … another helpful bit of info from this forum :D

Stunning. potentially saved me a lot of money. Thanks all

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Found it! :D

I had a shuftie just now (before I read this thread again) and found the hatch behind the cloth frame cover ... I also had a look at how easy it is gonna be to remove the vanity unit etc to fit the new one ... looks like there are a LOT of screws hidden under plastic covers in awkward places so I'll save the job for when I'm in a good mood :rolleyes: otherwise I'll probably smash it to pieces :mad:!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back