Camping mar menor REOPENED NEW OWNERS (1 Viewer)

mrwexpress

Free Member
Sep 27, 2014
Kent
Funster No
MH
Caravan at the mo
Exp
Since 2010
La manga.......quite possibly the worst site we've stayed on! It's similar to a shanty town and is becoming more permanent rather than touring. We left after one night, and headed to Los Alcazares, where we saw the tightly packed in camperstops and thought "hmmm". So, we looked at the newly opened "camping mar menor" which sits alongside San Javier airport which closed to commercial flights in January. It's now military and home to the equivalent of the Spanish version of the red arrows. The other side of the campsite is the mar menor.

We ummed and arred about going in as it looked a bit desolate and very quiet, but thought we'd give it a go. We were greeted by the owner who spoke perfect English who couldn't be more welcoming. The price per night is €10 which includes 16a electric, water, use of facilities etc. Pitched up we headed for a stroll, the toilets and showers have to be the best I've seen this trip, almost as good as Bonterra park.

Onwards towards the restaurant and bar which looks great albeit a tad pricey, it's ok for a treat and if your paying €10 a night it compensates a bit. Will try it out during our stay. We walk along the shoreline to the boardwalk which joins the campsite to the promenade of Los alcazares. It's a 15 minute walk to the nearest bar that was open, it was ok but pricey and posh, carry on a little further and we found a lovely charinguto which was very rustic but fabulous and pumping out Christmas music??

We had a couple of beers ,a spot of lunch and a boozy coffee and it came to €27 total. A stroll back to the site for a bit of a chill out and we've decided to stay a week so have now done a proper set up ???

So come on guys give it a go, we love it and I'm going to get my chair out and watch the planes now.

Campingmarmenor.com

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Can you confirm that there are no commercial flights from the airport now?
If so I will add it to our itinerary for later March time .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Can you confirm that there are no commercial flights from the airport now?
If so I will add it to our itinerary for later March time .
There will not be any commercial flights as they have moved to Covera, however, the Spanish acrobatic team are twice as noisy and can use it all day.

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
I've been at the end of the runway when the air display team took off and I didn't think it was too noisy, quite noisy once in formation but then I'm stone deaf?. You also get a free air display most days.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We're down that way next month too - have added it to my route plan.
See you there!

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Does anyone on here have the phone no.
The one given by their site responds with an automated voice saying ring ******* My Spanish isn't either fast enough or good enough to catch the No.

Thanks in advance.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Is it busy? Will be in the area next week maybe call in for a few days if anybody there.

OP
OP
mrwexpress

mrwexpress

Free Member
Sep 27, 2014
Kent
Funster No
MH
Caravan at the mo
Exp
Since 2010
Not there at moment, but 99.9% sure you'll be fine to just turn up. Say Matt and Gemma sent you

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Safely hunkered down at Mar Menor.

Mrs Emmit is very impressed. Its everything as stated in the OP.
If Bonterra Park's 'facilities' are as good as here then all I can say is they must have undergone one hell of an improvement. These are first class (including a family room with three sinks appropriately lowered to three separate height for tots to be accommodated.)
All the pitches have their own threaded water supply.
From experience don't expect to turn up at a weekend and expect to get on.
The Spanish know about this place obviously and it was full last weekend.
All this for £8.50 a night!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back